Sports Broadcasting History

Was the opening theme for their 1987 coverage.

10 Sports Action:

Bonus: Sterlo with hair:

5 Likes

The earlier 10 Sports Action from 1989:

More graphics and jackets:

And Sterlo again:

7 Likes

10’s 2003 afl grand final farewell

3 Likes

Gone are the days when we got the full credits at the end. Was great seeing all that. Something I use to look forward to is watching the credits of sporting coverage.

7 Likes

Still remember when this started I was so jealous because I only had a standard HD tv. Two years after I managed to get one. Then about four years later I got an even better tv and the whole 3D fad had basically folded. lol

2 Likes

Anyone know where that studio / set was for their AFL coverage? Doesn’t look too bad even know.

And god that 10 Sport logo was awful, even for that era. Complete clash of colours and gloss / flat styles.

1 Like

Too much gloss on the 10 Sport logo in 2011

Full video

3 Likes

An interesting thread on this from Twitter and some of the hurdles fans who have their archives are up against.

3 Likes

Precisely what Rhett says. Just look at how many copyright claims have been made against Robelinda who shares his extensive archive of historic cricket footage. And not necessarily sport-wise, but FlemishDog who digitises old TV recordings from VHS has been essentially chased off YouTube for the same reason.

Luckily Rob has quite the following and has been able to fight back against many of these claims but a lot don’t, meaning so much historic footage never sees the light of day.

4 Likes

One of 10’s first AFL matches in full. 20 years since they first showed AFL next year.

5 Likes

Gee that Holy Grail intro became iconic didn’t it. Ten did a great job with the footy when they had it - the way they made Saturdays all about footy was excellent.

5 Likes

From my memory it was inside the Olympic Stand at the MCG, besides the media centre.

3 Likes

What their studio looked like

4 Likes

That was before the original Olympic Stand was demolished and the same area used by 7 previously and 9 for footy and cricket. It hung from the third tier.

2 Likes

A few caps from when WIN covered the occasional regional match on a Sunday arvo in the VFL in the mid 90s.

Full clip from VFA Footy on YouTube.

6 Likes

Nine’s AFL graphics

2003-2006

7 Likes

Does anyone have any footage of ABC coverage of the women’s One Day Internationals in the late 2000s, early 2010s?

1 Like