Seven (Southern Cross)

They might do a Prime an introduced the 7 brand at 6pm in the evening?

Yeah, had been wondering if that would happen last night prior to the 1st. Traditionally the 6pm Sunday slot has been used for many relaunches.

Yeah, Midnight, 6:00am and 6:00pm are the traditional launch times. Missed the first two so it must be the third.

Remember the good old days of 2016 with the affiliation swap. At least it was easy to know the time of the change for that one!

1 Like

Yep, the movie last night had zero SC promos or idents. It was scheduled for midnight start but was pushed back to 12.40am due to AFL.

So Southern Cross, as a channel brand, is no more by the looks of it.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Southern Cross News

so is it 7 tasmania or is still southern cross???

Is the ‘CC’ icon on Central South the seven one or the SC one?

As far as I can tell it’s Seven Tasmania. All promos (except news) are 7 branded. Channel name on EPG has also changed to 7 Tasmania.

3 Likes

It’s the Seven one on both promos and during programming. I imagine Tas and SA still use the round one during news?

1 Like

The 7 and 7HD logos are now displaying on the Foxtel channel list instead of of SC in Launceston.

Fetch still has Southern Cross but everywhere else has updated. SC logo still pops up on sponsored events but everything else seems to be 7 now.

@tx42 Please keep news videos in the news thread.

1 Like

No worries!

1 Like

As far as what I know, the only that that has changed is the channel name and logo used. Southern Cross News is still there at the moment.

OK, definitely watching live this time and one of the Always On Southern Cross promos was on at the end of the adbreak. Still seems to be some mixed branding. This is like the SC hodge podge the mainland know and love!

3 Likes

Sounds more like the SC10 days, you never see the the Southern Cross branding apart from Austereo job advertisements now days its just known as Nine

I am seeing a lot more ads for 7TWO, I don’t recall seeing any before but now today there’s been Wimbledon (that probably would have been previously if it was Southern Cross still), Judge John Deeds and another show which is coming to Fridays. Haven’t seen any ads for shows on mate though.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t they put their SCA logo alongside the Nine logo in sponsorship advertising?

Never seen it.

1 Like