Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Both run a different music log from one another, with the Central Coast running the Hobart log, which also goes out to its Regional WA stations.

3 Likes

How many different music logs are there in the regional Triple M network?

3 Likes

Did Gold FM do anything different? Or did they just flick the switch.

2 Likes

Ok, how long has that been the case, (for reasons Iā€™m not going into here, I refuse to listen to any SCA stations, no matter how good they may be), last time I listened they were on the same logs?

That being the case, you can now listen to 3 totally different Triple M stations within 100km of each other, & in many places across the coast, you can listen to all 3 at the same time, now thereā€™s branding failure at itā€™s best, well done SCA.

5 Likes

Gold are the last SCA station to go Triple M at 3pm this afternoon.

4 Likes

Since April 1.

At first, 2GO was only running the Hobart log on weekdays, but takes the network log on weekends & public holidays. Recently, they now run the Hobart log on weekends.

2 Likes

I decided to ring 2GO reception about thisā€¦ the lady who answered the phone didnā€™t seem very interestedā€¦ a response along the lines of ā€œjust pick oneā€ā€¦ not very helpful. Maybe she didnā€™t really understand what I meant

3 Likes

Gold Fm are changing now - last song ā€œGoldā€ Spandau Ballet

3 Likes
  • Feels Good (Network)
  • Feels Good (A slightly older skewing log, heard in Hobart, Central Coast & Regional WA)
  • Feels Good (Gold Coast-only, weekdays)
  • Classic Hits
5 Likes

I think all regional Mā€™s should stick to a Classic Hits format leaving CHR to Hit.

1 Like

Probably didnā€™t understand what you were talking about, you shouldā€™ve said Iā€™ll pick the Newcastle one, it rates better than the Central Coast one, lol.

The Central Coast tech is the Newcastle tech, based at Honeysuckle so it wouldā€™ve been him who changed it, & maybe why itā€™s the same, you might be better off ringing SCA Newcastle?

3 Likes

Gold FM listeners voted Bohemian Rhapsody the first song on 92.5 MMMM.

3 Likes

My favourite song, nice

2 Likes

which goldfm are you talking about??

1 Like

Gold Coast, was supposed to change at 3pm this afternoon, but obviously they changed it.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, on Monday just gone, Hit 103.5 in Cairns celebrated its 25th birthday on air with a live broadcast from Cairns Esplanade. The station first went to air as 103.5 Hot FM on 4th November 1994 as a supplementary licence of 4CA (now owned by Grant Broadcasters).

Source: Radioinfo

6 Likes

Good idea, thanks

2 Likes

A bit surprising with a City the size of Cairns, Hit 103.5 is only local between 6 to 9am weekdays, while Hit 103.1 Townsville is local until 3pm.

5 Likes

I agree, It make no sense and sounds out of place to me. You have the metro Mā€™s targeting males while the regional Mā€™s are targeting females.
Plus why would you call the AM stations Triple M? Every time I listen to 2RG and hear Triple M I cringe.

5 Likes

Yes the AM Triple Ms are truly cringe worthy.

5 Likes