Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

So what is on 2KKO of a Saturday night?

I think it’s just the networked Saturday night party mix program?

1 Like

Luke Bona’s overnight talk show is not going out to most, if not all regionals this morning. Replays of My Generation instead.

Didn’t the regional networking win an ACRA? Ironic timing indeed.

1 Like

I can confirm too that this show is on DELAY into Qld until next April when normal time zoning resumes.

2 Likes

That’s strange as it was live* into QLD last year

• At least on Triple M Brisbane, 92.7 Mix and 92.5 Gold. Haven’t checked this year.
2 Likes

With Margaux on 4MMM bfast, guest rotation of female co hosts with Luke on Gold FM drive.

End of this week it was former SEA FM co host with Paul Gale, Charli Robinson.

So who is next from the old SEA bfast teams?

Jacqui Kassulke down the line from Sydney? She was on for a couple of weeks but left, interesting story that one.

Suki Mead? Didn’t end so well for her at either SEA or Hot Tom.

Who else is there for the ESP pairings of the 90’s and 00’s?

Other guest hosts have been the ex MKR female on Gosford bfast, Annabelle Brett from Coffs bfast, Jade Jones from Brisbane and others.

2 Likes

2GO appear to be live and local tonight… “Rocking The Races” was one phrase I heard? … there has also been a major concert on with many Aussie bands like Mondo Rock and Pseudo Echo on.

2 Likes

Maryborough is in name only Maryborough doesn’t have a commercial radio station .gold broadcast in Bendigo and Maryborough but it does not have a base in Maryborough .how.do I know this I lived there for.5 years. Maryborough only radio station is a community radio st a ti o n

4 Likes

Gold 1071’s transmitter is located in Carisbrook, a few kms from Maryborough. 3CV was originally based in Maryborough but in more recent years its studios have been in Bendigo.

4 Likes

Triple M Bendigo having some automation issues atm, indents keep going over each other, songs keep playing over the sport and weather.

4 Likes

A long way from the AWA days of 3BO. Sad.

6 Likes

Heard a promo on 2GO tonight about the change over to Triple M on Friday. It will happen at 8am (the same time that other regionals adopted the Triple M brand in recent years too).

2GO are also asking listeners to nominate the first song to be played after the changeover, and one listener whose nomination is picked will get to push the button to play that song.

They’ve probably already decided on “New Sensation” (I think that’s what got played first here in Newcastle), so it’ll probably be a contest that’s not really a contest.

7 Likes

My requests

Its the end of the world as we know it? REM
Don’t Change by INXS
You got nothing I want by Cold Chisel

8 Likes

Good one!

I’d vote for

Oh No Not You Again - Australian Crawl

10 Likes

My suggestions:
Am I Gonna See Your Face Again - The Angels
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Green Day

Dumb Things / Paul Kelly springs to mind.

10 Likes

Yes!

Last Goodbye by Jeff Buckley is what many in the remaining audience will be thinking as their ‘local’ station has a few more cuts added to its death of a thousand of them.

To drive to the Gold Coast and see two Hit stations, puts a smirk on the face as you think how stupid are these SCA decision makers.

Why change on Friday, the day of least weekday audience? It’s the day unpopular decisions are made in politics and business then communicated to the media, ‘taking out the rubbish’ is the term.

6 Likes

Probably some stupid Pink song, or another one of those regional playlist songs played on a daily basis…

6 Likes

Listened to the 2GO changeover this morning. There was a nice farewell package to 2GO - including announcer snippets, news items and a couple of jingles - went for about 5-10 mins. Didn’t record it unfortunately, wasn’t expecting this as KOFM didn’t do anything like this.

First song… surprise surprise… Run To Paradise - Choirboys

RDS - exactly the same as Newcastle Triple M . … very boring really!

5 Likes

If RDS is exactly the same as Newcastle that’s going to be annoying if you’ve got both saved, you’ll have to remember what preset is which station, guess you’ll find out when the first ad gets played.

Could work for or against either or both 2GO & KO, if they are running the same log at roughly the same time, no one will know WTF they’re listening to, then you go just that little bit further South & get an entirely different Triple M, lol.

7 Likes