Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Aside from getting the frequency wrong, now renamed? Won’t the (slightly) new brand be launched when the two new presenters join the breakfast show?

1 Like

Beginning at 6am the last few months, it’s like they’ve forgotten much of commuter audience is listening from 5am or earlier.

Regardless, the likelihood of them sitting in Brisbane is high with SCA loving their remote technology yet team cohesiveness can not be anything like working in the same studio.

1 Like

Isn’t that the same setting that they announced their last new breakfast show? (Obviously at the studios)

1 Like

So let’s get this straight…

Formerly known as Sea FM, rebranded in 2016 to Hit 90.9 Sea FM as a “mid-way” rebrand before fully aligning as part of the network-wide rebrand, re-rebranded back to Sea FM in 2018 because reasons, and now re-re-branded to Hit 90.9 to fit the rest of the network per the original plan.

7 Likes

You’re talking about SCA. Enough said.

4 Likes

The Gold Coast’s Hit90.9 has announced Alisson (Ali) Longhurst as their Content Director taking over from Corey Kay as he moves into his new position of Gold 92.5 Content Director.

Read more at: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/ali-longhurst-appointed-gold-coast’s-hit909-content-director

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this change only occurred this week, but Triple M Newcastle (and 2GO as well) are now taking “Rock Song Dedications” from 7pm with Stephen Cenatiempo from 10pm.

Not sure about the rest of the network.

3 Likes

Definitely the same deal in Central Qld. Unsure if this is to accommodate taking the remainder of the Thursday Night NRL schedule or if they’re looking to make the metro networks largely mirror the regionals (it’s too early to adjust for Daylight Savings given we still get a 6-7 hour of networked music between K-M and Mr Creepy Voice as I like to call him, and whether they go live in October is something we’ll find out in time).

4 Likes

From my understand SCA we’re going to keep the Sea Fm brands in place on the Gold and Central Coasts.

I wonder if plans are now in place to rebrand Sea Fm to Hit 101.3.

TBH it would not faze me if they rebranded 2GO to 107.7 Triple M too.

1 Like

Both will probably happen eventually.

1 Like

I doubt 2GO and Gold GC will change. But it’s almost certain Sea Central Coast is next. Why keep one Sea on the network?

2 Likes

What about Sea 91.9 in Maroochydore?

Owned by EON Broadcasting. Not part of SCA.

5 Likes

For those who don’t remember SCA had to sell both Sea and Mix on the Sunshine Coast because there was too much overlap between the Brisbane and Nambour LA’s, because both LA’s overlap at Caboolture. This meant that SCA had 4 stations when they are only allowed two.
EON purchased the stations but Sea Fm still maintains the programming.from SCA. As EON owns Sea it will stay Sea unless SCA demands them to rebrand to Hit.

3 Likes

Unfortunately missed the first morning discussion of Toowoomba’s second range crossing following a budget estimates committee hearing where toll costs and opening date were announced (in Qld, budget estimates are used as a decoy for the real news.

Reason being, 4GR /MMM Toowoomba has a schedule minus Ray Hadley or Toowoomba’s disliked expat, Alan Jones.

5 - 10am, Lee Faulkner continues for bfast, extending to 10am.

10am - 12pm Graham Healy’s local lunchtime talk show shifts to a late morning slot.

12pm - 4pm Guy Mylecharane

Triple M Mid North Coast and Triple M Central West now taking The Rush Hour with MG. Any likelihood of other regionals around NSW taking it? The 6-7 time slot for the most part is a pretty dead one, Newcastle just play the highlights from breakfast.

2 Likes

Lacklustre programming. Mark and Mike would disagree and have a chuckle, as do the many potential clients who find Newcastle radio lacklustre far beyond the 6pm afterthought hour,

1 Like

Again it comes back to a lack of effective competition from BOG.

2 Likes

Ratings today suggest we’re on the right track.

I’ve been working with Cena’s producer Chloe over the past few months and am bloody proud of what she contributes and how well the show sounds. She’s a gun, Stephen is in his groove and the show sounds great.

Here’s one of them:

Triple M offers Hobart’s biggest radio prize

107.3 Triple M is giving away Hobart radio biggest ever prize in its $200,000 Water & Wheels competition.

Source: Radioinfo

2 Likes