Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Or maybe not. All the work is done for them by David Burton in Toowoomba for the FM 91.5 HPON, might as well put it out on digital. Remember that the country format is one of many country formats possible, it may be that more are listening to other country formats and not discovered it.

3 Likes

You just have to listen to the regional MMMs to know how important country is to them. They even run 30 second promos for a country album they’re putting out plus running out of break sweepers pointing to it.

1 Like

And that they have a country music program on Sunday mornings.

1 Like

I’m 46 and discovered country 12 months or so ago and love it. Well and truly over dire straights and the stuff MMM have been flogging for years.

MMM country play a modern cross over mix. The Range is a music special hosted by Lee Kurnnigan on Sunday morning accross the regionals and DAB. I really hope I takes off

1 Like

Looking at their playlist on RadioApp this morning, it appears that 2GO on the Central Coast has broke off from the rest of the regional Triple M network & are taking the same music log as heard on Triple M Hobart, in which they’re playing more older music & therefore, less newer music. It would provide a good musical point-of-difference to Star 104.5, as well as to sister station Sea FM.

9 Likes

I had a listen to Triple M Albury yesterday and I very gobsmacked that the regional’s are still using that “Music That Feels Good” format…That music format is awful.

3 Likes

Does Triple M still have The Club - “Rate The Music.”I have not received any surveys since the start of the year. As well I cannot log into my account.

yep, every fortnight or so I get it.

1 Like

I use to get it every 2 weeks. They must of not liked the feedback that I was giving them :joy:

2 Likes

And because you are a male carrying out a survey on a female skewed music station… I heard that 80% are woman in the club.

1 Like

Looking at their playlists on RadioApp, the Triple M regional stations are going ‘all 80s’ over the Easter long weekend (except in times when they take NRL/AFL).

1 Like

Egg-cellent 80s - because the programmers have no imagination.

4 Likes

Eggcellent news!

Don’t they do this Egg-cellent 80s every Easter?

1 Like

Next one to use that pun will become scrambled eggs.:joy:

1 Like

it’s what the weekend is actually branded as - the Egg-cellent 80s

1 Like

The feedback from listeners to The Range has been so strong that regional Triple M is now moving US country artists into regular rotation alongside of Morgan Evans - new music from Dustin Lynch and Thomas Rhett now playing and getting strong feedback from the female audience.

Even Hit is playing Thomas Rhett.

1 Like

Modern Country is still preferable to my ears compared to some of the Hot AC, rap and R&B that is currently posing as new “music”.

I still prefer good old fashioned new rock and pop, but that seems to be getting increasingly thinner on the ground these days (particularly for rock).

3 Likes

Top 4 songs serviced to radio last week were - Panic at the Disco, Aloe Blacc (Aviici), Ellie Goulding and Jessica Mauboy.

Out of that lot, Mauboy may get a run for a decent period but the others are listen and forget.

One thing that benefits country music at the moment is the memories those sort of songs can evoke. It’s more relatable than any other genre at the moment, CMC Rocks plus MMM Country and KIX do a great job at getting the artists airplay. They test well. They actually sound good on the air.

3 Likes

Triple M Newcastle played Vogue by Madonna as I was travelling between Scone and Sydney today.

Spot the oxymoron in that sentence.

3 Likes