Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

I’m loving Listening to Triple M country. I can see it getting more and more AirPlay accross the regionals. The modern stuff especially is really good.

1 Like

Lee Bevington, former Hot 91 mornings presenter & Music Director, has been appointed as Content Director for Triple M/Hit Fraser Coast. He’ll commence on his new role from Tuesday 7th May.

Source: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/people/movements

1 Like

Is that the same Bevo that was at the launch of Nova106.9?

1 Like

You’re thinking of the character Bevan, the work experience DJ by Simon Kennedy.

1 Like

Thanks. Where is he now?

Just the best (2) songs of all time.

3 Likes

The article still doesn’t answer why those songs were selected.

And now I wonder…

The same ‘Bevo’s Army’ (Triple M) Bevo.

Why stop the children’s format? What cost is there in paying the same royalties to providers over and over?

DId anyone notice this comment:

BAZZMANN48 · Kearneys Spring 20 hours ago

Here’s 4gr’s chance to go fm. I cannot receive am stations at the current time.

That wouldn’t be too loopy, would it?

Two and a half years on now and it’s still 4GR to that audience member. How’s that costly folly of naming your 90 year old station working out?

What’s there to wonder? Another squandered opportunity by SCA. No vision for narrowcasting licences either. Be done with it and sell to a bible basher to spread the good word for all they want.

2 Likes

reminiscent of that digital radio station in Melbourne that played only “A Walk in the Black Forest” non-stop for weeks on end, before ending up as Greek station Rhythmos on Pacific Star (SEN)'s mux.

1 Like

Clearing out some some crap at home I came across this list of the 2003 Easter Weekend 400 countdown from the regional Star FMs. I mentioned it in a post not long ago, @TV-Expert will remember.

Now you’d more likely get this from the BOG regional FMs, which sound more like what Star FM did than Hit does these days.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’m sure it’ll make for interesting reading.

In 2003, Star FM was still owned by DMGRR.

I wonder who the PD and MD were at the time? My memory isn’t that great!

1 Like

I chose the songs. Started as just November Rain then I added A Thousand Miles as I like the song. Was supposed to be temporary but the content guys hadn’t made a decision on what to do with the frequency yet.

It’s actually Broadcasting from the rooftop of our new building in a Toowoomba.

3 Likes

I wonder if you would get away with putting Urban Hits on 99.1?

1 Like

Brisbane’s Home of Urban Hits IDs might be a problem another Zetta PC with same music and Toowoomba’s Home of Urban Hits 99.1 lol. I think the ACMA might think it’s to much commercial crossover on narrowcast licence. But you never know they are starting to let a lot things go were they wouldn’t 5 years ago e.g Power FM Toowoomba

Hit 93.5 Dubbo are still airing NRL games, in this case now being the Triple M call, since there is no Triple M station in Dubbo.

I recall they were doing this back in the old Star FM days, then taking the 2GB call.

1 Like

Hit94.3/97.9 Gippsland does the same with AFL, also taking the Triple M call.

3 Likes

Ah yes, I do remember that… did they also take the Triple M call when they were Sea/Star FM? (or maybe 3AW?),

Looks like they have been since 2014, then under the Star FM branding.

Before that, 3GG - then owned by Resonate as a de facto Triple M LocalWorks affiliate - took the Triple M call, judging by some old broadcast guides. 3GG flipped to the Crocmedia call in 2014 according to this from Radioinfo, and the Triple M call moved over to Star.

(As a side note, that piece suggests the “return” of 3GG to the Crocmedia call. Your guess is as good as mine as to what the arrangement was pre-2012)

Of course, 3GG dropped AFL altogether in 2017, as covered on MediaSpy at the time - the Crocmedia call is heard on Gold 1242.

2 Likes