Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Okay so are they in partners with Resonate ?

for those stations, yes. Because of Resonate’s ownership structure, there’s close historic ties with SCA - their flagship morning show, Rural Queensland Today, which airs across the AM stations, is produced and presented from Triple M’s Brisbane studios.

Also why are intros called sweepers ???

Rex and Carla along with Sal and Guy own Resonate. They’re the public faces of the shareholdings.

Remember Rex is back at MMM Bris, music directing and we’ll see what happens with the content director job although they’re keen to slot another in if available.

When SCA merged, the market voices rule required divestment of assets in small markets. SCA flicked them Charters Towers and GG for a price not much more than a house. When Singo and his dingos were sick of playing silly buggers with regional radio, running them into the ground, Resonate bought those assets too. Some of these were originally divestments from SCA such as LM and HI, others were from Brad Smart’s stations such as 4VL.

SCA wanted to sell to friendly owners, who better than some execs who had cash up their sleeve. Interesting application of the law, Dobbo as chief content is not considered to be in control beyond how the legislation is written.

2 Likes

Forgot about that, thanks for the pickup.

1 Like

Gold and 4TO don’t take a lot of NRL anyway, but of a joke really.

Resonate and SCA…read Sinclair Broadcast Group and Cunningham Broadcasting/Howard Stirk Holdings.

Shouldn’t be permitted TBH. Either the Resonate owners run and commit to Resonate 100% and not do work for or with SCA in any way shape or form, or sell off Resonate and concentrate on SCA. This smells like Resonate being nothing more than a sock puppet for SCA.

2 Likes

The article makes no sense, they are both responsible for some markets according to the article. It’s a mess. Typical Radio Today.

Looks like Triple M Mid North Coast is still on the Classic Hits format. I just checked.

Why don’t you ring the station and ask? Direct confirmation the best way to get firm info.

Why wouldn’t they be on the Classic Hits format?

3 Likes

I was replying to a comment above that suggested they might have moved to the 70’s to now format. I see no reason for Triple M Mid North Coast to change as well.

1 Like

Mickey Maher shuffling the deck chairs.

Who is leaving Hit Townsville breakfast, why and where are they going to?

Does anyone else think that the Hit Network Regional Stations are playing more
Hot Adult Contemporary Music Format then the Top 40 CHR playlist, In other words they are sticking more to their Hits and Old School Format rather then focusing on the Hits ?

Hi guys, Can someone shed a light on Triple M Goulburn Valley for me?. A Month ago , Locco (The same Locco that was up in Cairns) has quit the Morning shift. Nothing in the local papers here in Shepparton. It was surprising to heard on the last day that he was leaving.

Was he pushed or did he jump? I did not mind listening to him in the morning.

1 Like

With 2day Fm going hot AC it seems that they are adding elements of this to the regionals for networked shows. However this is going to remove the difference in the playlists between the regional hit and regional Triple M networks.

Triple M regional may have to go older 70’s to now and with a more male rock skew.

2 Likes

He retired from Cairns to a farm quite a drive from the 3SR studios.

Lured back to radio by regional Rhys Holleran in his final months at SCA.

It really was time Locco had a rest, not worth the drive for him.

1 Like

Thanks Cranky,

I knew of the farm a while away from 3SR studios but it was quite sudden the departure which made me suspicious

I can not stomach Shaunee in the breakfast slot at the moment. I like Shaun in the Mornings . Are they looking at a replacement for Locco?

1 Like