Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Or in Sydney for that matter. The closest regional Triple M Network station that is receivable across Sydney is 2GO from the Central Coast, which carries the ‘80s, 90s & Now’ format. The closest station to carry the ‘70s to Now’ format in my part of the world is Triple M in Orange, which can be heard in parts of Sydney, but does require an external antenna aimed west, as well as being in an area where the Sydney stations are not too strong. This is due to the fact that Triple M Orange broadcasts on 105.1, which is practically next door to Triple M Sydney on 104.9.

@Adrian, I’m not sure how well you get the Bendigo stations, but 93.5 Triple M from there carries the ‘70s to Now’ format. However, it does suffer co-channel interference with Vision Australia Radio (3RPH) from Warragul in the eastern half of Melbourne.

1 Like

Triple M Bendigo 93.5 can be received clearly in most of Ballarat, I often have the car radio on that station when travelling down that way. Triple M Bendigo’s signal goes a long way, from Ararat to the west to Shepparton to the east, just out of Deniliquin to the north, Cohuna to the north west and Sunbury to the south.

1 Like

Travelled to Shepparton on Sunday by coach and on the way back, I got my Tecsun portable out and Triple M Bendigo came in clearer than Goulburn Valley around Seymour way.

2 Likes

No problem in Docklands either.

By using the TV site, they get a reach far beyond their licence area. Same with Orange and Mt Canobolas which also has a huge coverage beyond its area

Yes, they come in first on the RDS list driving north, better LoS west to Mt Alexander.

wouldnt that be breach of there licence since mix fm is supposed to the only fm station for ararat and stawell according to acma radio maps

It’s impossible to make a radio signal stop exactly at the border of the licence area.
The ACMA determines the transmitter site, power, height and other specifications required to cover the licence area, and provided they operate within those parameters everything is all good. Any coverage received outside that area is fortuitous and everyone else basically has to suck it up.

2 Likes

I live in Rocky, your comments are partly correct, there are songs I wouldn’t play that should be dropped but 80% of the 70 to Now format is working quite well. Maybe add a bit of rock with keeping the 70’s to Now and remove some of the new stuff that should only be on Hit stations.

Regards,
Shaun.

6 Likes

I totally agree with your comments there Shaun. I am glad they are back on the 70’s to Now format which I think that format is pretty good. When I was in Rocky at Christmas visiting family Triple M CQ had the 80’s to Now - “Music That Makes You Feel Good log” from the Gold Coast. I think that format is very bland and narrow.

Does anyone know what music log Triple M Cairns and Mackay are using now?

According to RadioApp, Triple M Mackay are using the “80s, 90s & Now” log, whilst the Cairns station have switched over to the “70s to Now” log (it was previously on the “80s, 90s & Now” log). FYI, 4TO is on the “80s, 90s & Now” log.

2 Likes

The other night MMM Cairns took Bona at 11pm when others had GC talk show, he is alright but not a Bona.

Newcastle

Grants production quality is terrible, Power FM have like 20 songs on their playlist.

Do QLD get it live or an an hour delay.

Thanks Mark off cause it is

I believe it’s live

Stephen Cenatiempo’s show from KO is delayed one hour into Qld weekdays.

This allows for an hour of the networked music shift from Gold.

It’s simply justifying its existence. Internal politics power play. Ridiculous.

On Gold, it’s possible for 6 mths to run the Stephen’s show from 8 - 11pm following the conclusion of Kennedy Molloy at 8pm, but they insist on one hour of music, delayed Stephen and then miss the first hour of Luke Bona’s show.

Wonder then how they’ll go about it on Thursday/Friday nights in the regions that get NRL games, particularly in Qld for the first month when kickoffs are an hour earlier and most of them will get the early Friday game (I say most of them because North Queensland are playing the late game on Friday Night and the NQ stations will be getting that game instead of Newcastle vs Manly).

Probably keep it in delay, big effort to justify their own existence at Gold.

Can some one explain to me why 4GC in Charters Towers is owned by a different company to SCA but still uses the triple M website ??? And why do they have the rush hour with luke, libby and dobbo on at 5-7 and not Kennedy Molloy ???

Resonate Broadcasters, who own and operate 4GC & hit95.9 Charters Towers, is directed by Rex Morris, formerly an exec at SCA working with the then-B105 and Triple M Brisbane in particular.

They also operate stations in Hawa’ii, plus 4LM Mount Isa, 4HI/Hot Country Emerald, 4SB Kingaroy, 4ZR Roma, 4VL/West FM Charleville and 4LG/West FM Longreach, and previously owned 3GG Gippsland when it was divested from what was then Macquarie Regional RadioWorks.

I’m not sure that they do, as their website shows neither Kennedy/Molloy nor The Rush Hour and 4GC doesn’t stream online (the stream points to Triple M Brisbane instead).