Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Thanks mate, we had fun, the listener interaction suggested they enjoyed it too. That’s all you can ask for.

Had a chuckle, Paddy meant to say “and Mark will blank you” (in regards to the buzzer) but accidentally said on Thursday night “Mark will wank you.” He was so embarrassed.

I told him Ryzy accidentally said “shit” in breakfast the morning previous. Had to flashlog it for him to prove it. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hit Shepparton/Goulburn Valley’s new breakfast team is Elly Chaney (previously of Nova 93.7) and Thom Lion (previously of Fresh 92.7 & Mix 102.3).
I’m not aware of a start date yet - possibly the week after next.

1 Like

Who has been covering the shift until they arrive? When was the last week of the previous show? This was the the team of the girl went to NX and the boy left for family reasons.

Jess Farchione is now doing breakfast on Hit 106.9 Newcastle.

1 Like

Jess & Tommy finished up at the end of last year (Tommy slightly earlier, as mentioned in earlier posts).

‘Boss Billy’ (Billy Mcferran, Hit/MMM Content Director) has taken on hosting duties so far this year. He used to feature in segments with the duo during their show, so is no stranger to the mic.

https://scontent-syd2-1.cdninstagram.com/ccc1a8a8a270867308a8dd6716a12766/5B044FEC/t51.2885-15/e35/16464810_595710307301893_2773752152487624704_n.jpg

Sounds like a good pickup! I’d say you could be on the money there, as there’s still the generic teasers running on air as of today (eg, ‘a new way to wake up is coming soon’).

Is it just me, or have others noticed more 80s music on the HIT regionals since 2DAY started doing the same.

As today I heard

I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston on HIT Port Macquarie

You’re The Voice - John Farnham on SEA FM Gosford

3 Likes

They were doing a countdown of Karaoke songs when I was listening a couple of hours ago.

1 Like

Sea FM Bundaberg is no longer. 93.1 Triple M opens with INXS - New Sensation. Video below:

4 Likes

Interesting that they chose the same song that Triple M Melbourne launched on 105.1 with.

1 Like

its a wonder 3ba balllarat and power fm ballarat dosent join sca since bendigo has

It would be up to SCA to purchase 3BA/Power from the current owners, Grant Broadcasters.

There’s no reason why that couldn’t be done, the 4 voices rule would still be met I think?

If SCA were to purchase 3BA/Power FM from Grant Broadcasters, they would still meet the 4 voices rule, as Ballarat would still have 5 voices (presently 6) under the above proposal:

1. SCA (Nine, 3BA, Power FM)
  2. Prime7
  3. WIN
  4. Fairfax (Ballarat Courier)
  5. Blyton/Camplin (RSN relay on 1314)

Obviously, if SCA were to purchase the Ballarat stations, 3BA would be rebranded as Triple M (probably carrying the “Greatest Hits from the 70s to Now” log, ala 93.5 Bendigo), whilst Power FM would be rebranded as Hit 103.1.

Janet and family aren’t selling. Not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Anything could happen if the price is right.

1 Like

True. Most licensees have an understanding between each other, but nothing at a premium that the Camerons would sell.

1 Like

So Sea FM Bundy was part of the Hit network and were obviously competing with Grant owned Hitz FM. Making it impossible for them to ever switch to Hit. Makes sence to switch to a Triple M and elimainate to stations competing for the same ratings. I wonder if this will happen anywhere else around the country? 94.3 Hit Gippsland doesn’t have a sister Triple M and competes partly with TRFM. 94.3 also takes the footy feed during winter.

2 Likes

94.3 Warragul going to Triple M with middle-aged music and turning their focus to Gippsland may be the single smartest thing they could do. It would give most of Gippsland two differing music choices on FM, and is especially good if 1242 keeps a predominantly talk-based format

Of course, it does require SCA to essentially vacate the CHR territory and leave it all for the Ace station, and it leaves 3GG in a bit of a bind, but it would serve the Gippsland audience very well

1 Like

This is not the idea in Bundaberg. Hitz has had a broader, slightly older FM target, wisely so for a regional town.

MMM branding for the 35 - 55 audience now impacts the older end of their target, wedges BU and Hitz. It’s a clever move and shows how off the ball SCA and RG Capital before have been in not reformatting the station long ago.

Compare the GG playlist to that of the network logs for SCA’s heritage stations, they won’t be entirely on each other’s turf.

1 Like

If 94.3 Hit FM ever switched over to Triple M, they would most likely take the Greatest Hits 70’s to now format, rather than the Classic Hits format.

70s to now is a great format. Would love to be able to hear it in Melbourne

1 Like