Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Caller to Luke Bona’s Nightshift said he was from Ensay in Victoria, listens to Omeo’s Triple M.

It’s 43km away and according to ACMA, 200 watt translator.

Does the signal really carry that far, is the translator over spec or is he chewing up expensive Telstra mobile data in this largely communications black spot?

I can beat that - on Wednesday night Australia By Night did a whole 2 hours on the NBN and mobile coverage issues.

I was on phones last week and panelling this coming week - we took a call from a bloke in the Northern Territory who was streaming us while driving from Darwin to Alice. He said he was around an hour from Darwin and wanted to discuss Telstra coverage. He reckons it’s more stable in the Territory than it is between Adelaide and Melbourne.

Because there’s less use of it, less congestion.

It would depend on terrain.

I am over 100 kms from Sydney and get a number of their 200 watt community stations.

1 Like

KOFM has been advertising the NRL coverage for this year. Does anyone know if they’ll be taking the shows and all the games or just the games again?

Maybe Mark might be able to shed some light on the subject

From what I understand, we have rights to carry up to 4 games a weekend, and will be doing just the games itself. I’m like you - and stream the Triple M NRL app from midday.

Ahh yeah sane as last year.

I remember in 15 KO even took the Broncos games on Friday nights and the shows as well.

TRIPLE M LAUNCHES INTO BUNDY

Southern Cross Austereo today announced that from Monday 26 February, 93.1 SEA FM Bundaberg will be renamed 93.1 Triple M.

Celebrating its 18th anniversary on-air, this brand change will see the Bundy station join Australia’s second largest radio network with 35 Triple M stations across metro and regional markets plus an additional four Triple M digital stations. Not only will 93.1 Triple M still be the place for locals to hear the content and news that matters most to Bundy, as well as Nik & Jac for breakfast, it will also be the station to tune into for the Greatest Hits from the 70’s to now. There will be a new way to drive home with Mick Molloy and Jane Kennedy each weekday arvo from 5-7pm, plus Triple M Footy and access to Triple M’s national and international competitions and promotions.

SCA’s General Manager of Bundaberg Nicholas Purdie said, “We are really excited about the changes that lay ahead and look forward to providing the community with something different, whilst maintaining a strong connection to our local market.

“In a nutshell, we will still be the same local station but now with an extended family. There will be loads of sport with the Triple M Footy call, the music that our listeners know and love plus lots of national and international prizes!”

Bundy - Welcome to 93.1 Triple M!

8 Likes

Was Triple M Footy, NRL and/or Cricket already broadcasting on Sea FM anyway?

I know in Gippsland hit 94.3 has been taking Triple M Footy despite being a HIT branded station.

Sydney’s Triple M is now on the airwaves in Bundy. Listen to Sydney’s personalities, music, competitions and now you can fight it out with the 4.2 million people who live in Sydney for prizes to our Sydney based competitions.

Enjoy Sydney on Bundaberg’s 93.1 - Triple M.

2 Likes

Not really at all. Kennedy Molloy comes out of Melbourne and the format of “Greatest Hits from the 70’s to now” is nothing like the format of Triple M metro.

The funny thing about this comment is that the station will have less Sydney based content as Triple M than it currently does as Hit.

2 Likes

Was enjoying listening to paddy and Mark
the last few nights filling in for Stephen on Australia by night, a lot of laughs.

Paddy was furious with SCA for not finding a spot for him on Central Coast bfast with a commensurate pay packet. Funny how quickly he clammed up when they threw him some work.

Thank you mate. Our mantra for the week was - we are here for a good time, not a long time.

Pressing the buttons for the whole network was a lot of fun - it kept me awake way past my usual bedtime that’s for sure. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And the tag line of “Hit FM rocks footy” just sounds wrong…ah well there are wiser heads than me!

2 Likes

But then, players do like to put on the big “hits” in both AFL and NRL games.

1 Like

Maybe “Hits and Old Skool punch ups from the G”

2 Likes

Would go well considering the licence area on Centrelink day :grin:

Loved the shut up siren and the skits both hilarious.