Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Has the regional Hit network got a new Music Director? I had a listen to Hit 96.9 today from 8am to 5pm for the first time in 3 months and the music has become more repetitive, swear I heard that new Justin Bieber song and some other new songs being played every 2 hours. Other things that I notice was they are now playing bugger all old school hits. The only old school hits that they are playing are R&B songs and they are cutting a lot of songs off.

I’m not sure but I have channel surfed and noticed that too. Or the RnB songs they do play are crap.

1 Like

They keep playing the same old crap R&B & hit songs over & over again, that’s why I barely listen to the regional hit network anymore, now the only time I listen is for the local news & that’s it.

2 Likes

Even the Triple M network does the same.

1 Like

I can see why they have been slipping in the regional ratings. I never could understand why some radio stations repeat and play the same songs 5 to 6 times during the workday.

1 Like

I wish they would bring back their"No Repeat Workday"

1 Like

I think the Hit format is too narrow and repetitive for regional markets, particularly where there’s only one “contemporary” station and the other station having talk and sport segments. They should do Hot AC during the day and CHR at night.

4 Likes

That was good but even then it was the same songs every day. Wish they bought back the greatest hits format.

Triple M regionals (at least up here on the Mid North Coast) are STILL running a lot of those transitional sweepers

eg. “2MC FM is now the Mid North Coast’s Triple M”.

This is despite the branding switchover occurring more 6 months ago now.

1 Like

Yeah, I was in Mackay last week and heard “98.7 Sea FM is now Mackay and the Whitsunday’s Triple M” air on that station also.

2 Likes

Well over 12 months on and we are still hearing that Channel 9 is on number 5 on your remote.

1 Like

Is it just me or is the Triple M network a) becoming far too repetitive and b) phasing out 80’s music.

I reckon I’ve heard Harry Styles and Billy Joel I’ve 20 times this week combined. It’s gotten to the fact I’ll change the station to something else and switch back later.

My second point there was a lot of “9 minutes of the 90’s” over the weekend, yes it’s only 2 - 3 songs but even during the week I reckon I hear more of the 90’s and I personally believe that 90’s music is no where near as good as the 80’s and that’s coming from someone who wasn’t even around in the 80’s.

2 Likes

Hopefully you’ll get DAB soon and have access to Greatest Hits, Modern, and Classic Rock. I haven’t listened to the main Triple M station once since the DAB stations went on air

Haven’t done any listening to the other two, but I’m fairly sure that Triple M Modern has a tighter rotation than any of the Nova stations do :confused:

The Greatest Hits from the 70’s to now is still sounding ok. But I have to agree that they are flogging some their new music to death, including that Harry Styles song. I have heard that the Greatest Hits from the 80’s to now has become repetitive.

1 Like

Only a few Triple M stations use the “Greatest Hits from the 70s to Now” log & even then, it’s only on weekdays from 5:30am to 4pm, with the rest of the time taking the “Greatest Hits from the 80s, 90s & Now” log. Observing via RadioApp, the stations that take the “70s to Now” log include Orange, Coffs Harbour, Albury, Shepparton, Bendigo & Rockhampton/Gladstone.

As for its “Classic Hits” stations, it’s a full time log, in which they only take the “Greatest Hits” log during networked programming such as Greatest Years in Music, Saturday Night Party Shuffle & The Barbie.

4 Likes

Obviously in Newcastle we get 80’s to now and it’s become awfully repetitive. The issue is there’s no great alternatives be to KOFM, especially at work were I can’t take any electronic device I can’t access digitals, streams or my own music.

1 Like

At least on the Central Coast, where 2GO has the “80s, 90s & Now” format, the Sydney stations can be received quite well in many parts of the region, such as WS, which plays more 80s & some 70s than 2GO/KO. Even Star 104.5 are more likely to play the occasional 70s track than 2GO these days, and it’s a similar story down in Hobart with 7HO against Triple M.

Can’t believe the regional Hit network have dropped the old school 9@9, the music variety on the regional hit stations is getting worse.

4 Likes

It’s shocking mate, you hear the same songs every 2 hours. Maybe that’s what the under 40’s want.

2 Likes