Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

The Mt Buller frequencies have relocated to Mansfield. There’s no studio in Mansfield.

93.7 is one of the few examples of an FM SFN in Australia. It also has translators near Alexandra and Yea. It was originally setup this way so that the traffic to Mt Buller could get a constant signal all the way from Seymour to Mt Buller. In practice there’s actually a few patches of interference along the highway. Quite possibly because the move from the Mt Buller site to The Paps (Mansfield) has shifted the mush zone.

3 Likes

It’s sounding to me like Triple M Central Coast are now taking the Albury/Gold Coast (not sure which location) hub feed on weekdays now?

1 Like

have for a few months

2 Likes

Albury.

2 Likes

Which positioner is Triple M Central Coast using these days?

Is it the same playlist & positioner as Newcastle?

If you want to shake up the Central Coast overnight (without a rebrand), just introduce “The Coast’s REAL Alternative” and take the Triple M Perth log.

2 Likes

Same playlist as Newcastle, different to Sydney’s.

Newcastle still local, I think the whole regional network uses the same positioner … ‘Good Times and Greatest Hits’ I think it is now?

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Haven’t seen much discussion on here about Triple M regional WA. On a road trip atm and an interesting line up. The corny breakfast shows 6:00 to 9:00. breakfast with Joe Blow. Then networking for the day. 9:00 to 11:00 Rural Focus Troy Stockton. Usually 2 songs then some talk about cattle prices, solar power, water filters etr. 11:00 to 15:00 Susie. 15:00 Marty S, 16:00 to19:00 Drive with Cliff Reeves. (good show and host) then replay of Perth drive, then nights with Dave Gleeson at about 21:00

5 Likes

11am Susie… where is she from? Bunbury or Perth maybe?
I was half expecting them to get Leisha from the Albury hub.

If Susie is WA based, that’s good to see that along with local brekky, Rural Focus, Susie and Cliff Reeves that there’s a decent amount of WA programming there.

1 Like

Yep agree and as we are travelling we can usually pick up an AM triple M in the caravan anywhere. Good times and greatest hits playlist but very WA independent on weekdays

2 Likes

Ok I have covid and am in bed bored so I want to start you all off like you all do.

Recently added to the regional MMM playlist:

Wake Me Up - Aviici
Angel - Shaggy

Have at it. I’ll sit back and laugh at your outrage. :rofl:

2 Likes

First off - sorry to hear you got COVID.

Also, your lot haven’t got a hold of my Spotify favourites list have you? Kind of spoils the MMM brand.

Surely they could’ve come up with a different brand for the regions instead of using MMM when it doesn’t fit music or content wise? Hadley is not MMM broadcast material, he is MMM joke material.

4 Likes

Hey Danny! Thanks mate. Mild so far, hope it continues.

I think as Hit moves to more 00s to Now it’s wise for MMM to broaden a bit more. Because my music taste is all over the shop it doesn’t bother me at all. My Spotify playlists include BBC Radio 2 playlist and 4KQ is My Station playlist, plus smooth jazz.

3 Likes

Let’s hope it stays mild.

To me, MMM means rock, sport and comedy. But applying the brand to the regional stations with that broad a playlist just messes with that. I get why they’ve done the branding the way they have, but I don’t necessarily agree with it.

If ARN didn’t get trademark Pure Gold, I’d have gone with something like Gold Radio - pretty broad, very flexible.

3 Likes

I think they should have retained the heritage brands and blend it with the network name (as they used to do). “This is 102.9 KOFM, part of the Triple M Network”). It didn’t need fixing.

6 Likes

Looking forward to this going down well internally.

1 Like
1 Like

What happened to the previous Triple M Riverina hosts?

And who is replacing Matt at 2DU Dubbo?

1 Like

End of an era for North Queensland radio.

5 Likes