Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Thought he sounded familiar.

1 Like

Regional has been good this week. Guy, Rohin then Leroy Brown

2 Likes

Albury must be the main hub for the regional M’s.

Rohan is a ex 3NE/2QN/Edge FM announcer.

2 Likes

I thought I recognised him. Is his surname Shabo? Recon he was once on the famous Sun FM . I think Leroy comes from Bendigo, great personality on the radio

2 Likes

I thought Leroy was Melbourne based. Previously in community radio on Light 89.9.

Does he have a role elsewhere during the year with SCA?

1 Like

Content director for southern Victoria I think

4 Likes

Based out of Bendigo now as you say.

And K-Rock breakfast before that with Paul “Chicken” Dyer and later Hunter McLeod.

4 Likes

Rohin Shabo is correct

3 Likes

Rohan Chabaud? He’s married to Karen Prater who’s heard on Smooth and Coles Radio.

3 Likes

You are actually correct.

1 Like

Very very interesting.

4 Likes

Great PDF @Adrian, of course none of the travel flexibility they speak of was possible when regional Victoria was suffering through 5/10km travel radius lockdowns. It’s like it never happened in that PDF.

2 Likes

Hunter had a tough time:

1 Like

That’s because it’s from early 2019 (publish date on the PDF is 17 January 2019). Surprise surprise, not everything on the internet is current.

There’s also an accompanying video for that article, also published around the same date. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA57zKGKhNM

1 Like

Ray Hadley back on Triple (A)M in Wagga Wagga, Griffith and Toowoomba, but not on FM stations that used to take his show.

A comparison of the ratings when Ray was on and when Steve Price was on.
Coffs Harbour: Hadley 34% Price 22.4%
Port Macquarie: Hadley 35.4% No data on Price
Orange: Hadley 32.3% Price 26%
Wagga Wagga: Hadley 24.7% Price 9.5%
Griffith: Hadley 31.9% Price 16.7%
Toowoomba: Hadley 13.6% Price 5.5%
Source: Xtra Insights

Irrespective of what people think of Ray Hadley, or his listeners, he rates and rates very well, particularly in NSW and SCA were, at best, short sighted to dump his program. I reckon it won’t be long before he’s back on in Orange, Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour.

6 Likes

Whilst I don’t disagree, I still think it was retribution on SCA’s part for losing the Nine TV affiliation to WIN. Even if it hurted themselves, I think they wanted to hurt Nine too.

3 Likes

totally agree, there was nothing to hint that SCA was going to drop a 9 owned radio program, SCA were annoyed so that was their return serve

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that Sea FM are using 13 10 60 during local shifts which would conflict with B105 given the overlap in Southern Brisbane / northern Gold Coast.

@mcpaton is there any reason Sea didn’t get a “local” number the same as Triple M did?

3 Likes

Plenty of other markets that have some overlap that would fall in the same boat.

1 Like

SCA would have changed the routing of 131060 so calls now forward to Sea fm and not to B105.

They would be using postcode routing , so all calls that originate from Gold Coast landlines, or mobiles connected to Gold Coast towers get forwarded to Sea fm instead of B105.

Outside of the Gold Coast where B105 is received calls to 131060 would still go to B105.

The exception to this would be when network programming is taking place, in this case 131060 would be programmed to go to Fox fm etc.

I use to work in telco so very familiar with how these numbers work, and how they can be configured.

2 Likes