Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Bring back the 4TO branding for Townsville and also change those other regional stations back to their original call signs that were rebranded to Triple M.4TO is as Townsville as Castle Hill(that large rock in the city centre) You get amazing views from the lookout on the summit

7 Likes

If they brought it back it would be for the Hit stations not the Triple M’s

I wish I still had a copy of a modified ‘Coast Rock’ logo I did (in Microsoft Paint?) as a bored teenager where I swapped the initial letters around :joy:

3 Likes

When Star FM launched on the Central Coast, part of their launch was a mock “History of the Central Coast” presentation done in the style of an old newsreel which did the same thing

2 Likes

I have a copy of that somewhere.

3 Likes
4 Likes

All just replacements, no “new” ones as such - they really should have afternoon announcers in each market too… since everything else is networked from 3pm to 9am the next day.

6 Likes

I think they should have local brekkie shows and networked workdays.

It will make a big difference to community involvement regionally.

2 Likes

Personally, I’d prefer local workdays (9-3 at least) over breakfast. They could take requests, do on location broadcasts that would engage with the community more when people are out and about after breakfast.

Breakfast teams just talk too much and try to be funny all the time.

5 Likes

There is a timing issue with the automated sweepers on Triple M Central Coast tonight - there is silence between songs and tags like “The Central Coast’s 107.7 Triple M” cut in over the top of the next song about 20 seconds in.

This doesn’t affect Newcastle, the music (same log) is about a minute Newcastle as well.

3 Likes

Hence why a live staffer is needed and quite viable in a market the size of the Central Coast. 2GO has had live nights before and viable again.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Who is replacing Triple M Bundaberg breakfast?

That’s a key timeslot as they’ve previously been getting beaten by Hitz 939.

And does this mean Triple M Gippsland is no longer local from 9am weekdays?

3 Likes

I didn’t see anything mentioned about Gippsland?

Interesting that they got the Cairns frequency wrong.

1 Like

In early 2023, 93.1 Triple M Bundy will be home to a brand-new team with Elerrina McPherson and Joseph Baxter coming together.

3 Likes

I think Elerrina does local mornings on Triple M Gippsland currently so that’s the connection.

4 Likes

If Triple M Gippsland doesn’t replace their local mornings shift, it’ll give TRFM the competitive advantage yet again.

4 Likes

Despite all the networking and voice tracking on TR, it’s already well in front of the underpowered 94.3 and flea powered translator in town.

Far cry from the days of GG vs TR in AM stereo. Sad. The market revenue remains to return to that level of investment in programming on both stations. Shame about the three hopeless commercial owners in Gippsland who lack such vision.

4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

About time there were some changes at Mix94.5.

They need to climb to No.1 again before it’s too late.

And good to finally see a dedicated local CD for the Central Coast.

4 Likes