Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

3 Likes

Hardly long running.

6 Likes

I wonder what will replace it on Triple M mornings in NSW?

I can’t see that they would go back to Ray Hadley… perhaps they’ll just get the same music based shift out of Albury that the VIC stations get?

2 Likes

Music.

4 Likes

Ray Hadley did drop the hint on his last show that some network stations would be rejoining in the new year. He will be back on Triple M in country NSW. Ratings nosedived in the morning slot when they canned Hadley and replaced him with Steve Price. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

3 Likes

The 5pm timeslot at Sky News next year will be vacant. Could be convenient?

2 Likes

I still think SCA dropping Hadley was in retribution for being dropped as the Nine affiliate in its TV business.

If Hadley returns on MMM regionals, it seems like they have kind of kissed and made up, and as they’ve swapped Sunday afternoon NRL games on radio too.

3 Likes

Hadley is only returning to 3 or so Triple M markets. Not all of them.

3 Likes

So I’ve heard too.

1 Like

Guessing it’s Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour and Orange?

1 Like

Nope. I’m hearing it’s the AM stations. Wagga Wagga, Griffith and Toowoomba.

5 Likes

Interesting that Mt Gambier wasn’t included given it’s on the AM band as well, either it’s because Mt Gambier is a long way from Sydney or because 963 Triple M will convert to 90.5 the FM band in the not to distant future.

5 Likes

Did Mt Gambier have Hadley before 30 June last year?

2 Likes

Pretty sure Mt Gambier dropped Ray well before June last year, might have been the end of 2020?

3 Likes

I think it was 2019 they dropped Hadley. To be honest I was surprised that Mt Gambier even aired the show given the East Coast centric content.

4 Likes

They probably took John Laws back in the 2000’s and replaced him with Hadley when Laws retired from 2UE. I know a lot of stations did that.

3 Likes

Yes, I remember 5MU taking Laws when I was a kid in the 1990’s, 5SE probably did as well.

4 Likes

Geez people used to complain about the talkback, why replace it with more talkback again :disappointed:

4 Likes

Agree. When you’re in a market with 2 stations, one has mindless talkback dribble all day and the other is CHR, it certainly alienates the audience.
The regional AM/legacy stations could be fantastic if they adopted a best songs of all time mix like XL/GN/GG

7 Likes

Agree. When the only choices are talkback or CHR you are just driving away a huge chunk of audience.

6 Likes