Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

He is a good announcer, enjoyed him and Pinky in air when I lived in Central Queensland

3 Likes
3 Likes

35 markets?! For some reason, i thought the “workday” (12-3 pm afternoons?) slot were 3 hubs like the old DMG Star /Hot days (1 for NSW/VIC/SA, 1 in QLD and 1 in WA).

It’s not great that Hit WA is getting something that neither well known, live or local.

5 Likes

Noticed that 96.1 SAFM Limestone Coast won’t be getting Harry, since the name change to SAFM in July 2020, the 12 - 3pm shift has been announcer free.

4 Likes
5 Likes

No mention of where Nic is heading next, day time?

2 Likes

Probably back to his regular 9-1 shift?

2 Likes

With Matt living in Sydney, it’s sure to be only a change in studio at World Square for him.

Would be interesting to know how many of the team
work out of the Gosford studio for this show.

Matt has been the panel op/audio producer for SCA’s Australia Today with Steve Price and Natarsha Belling.

Another reduction in talent/cost savingt with his departure?

Lost opportunity that SCA aren’t backing their own product. High talent cost to initiate, yet when the show is barely marketed and slowly building audience, rather than investing for a return, SCA have cost cut for the show to whither on the vine.

A great concept sadly not skilfully supported.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t quite feel that Matty will be strong enough. I was really hoping this’d be Borge’s time to shine.

I’m sure if Bodge had gotten the gig that there’d be a fair few Sydneysiders tuning into 101.3FM.

2 Likes

Do we know that he won’t be relocating?

There’s not much regional coming out of the metro studios/offices except when it’s shared with metro.

1 Like

Has anyone listened to the Hit NSW regional brekkie show? Are they really regionally focussed? Or just another FM brekkie show?

And do they at all try to sound local on the Coast? Like how Richard King occasionally skews towards Newcastle/Hunter on his SRN Breakfast show?

2 Likes

Hit Victoria’s breakfast team, Tim & Jess, will leave for K-Rock Geelong to do drive, where they will start on their new role from Monday 17th October.

3 Likes

What’s happening to the current K-rock drive team?

2 Likes

Think they already finished. Herbie is doing it solo before these guys start I am assuming according to the K-Rock website.

4 Likes

They don’t sound very local on the socials.

2 Likes

Yes Herbie has been covering the shift solo, amazingly still with a fair bit of talk.

4 Likes

What happened to Josh?

2 Likes

According to his LinkedIn he’s left the industry to work as an online content producer for a betting app.

3 Likes

Have the regional Triple M’s changed their format once again? :crazy_face:
I was talking to a mate last night and he said they have gone back to that pop feel good format.
I’ll have a listen once I get back to SCA county :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Quite possibly, I did hear a couple of songs in the last few days I wasn’t expecting to hear, but didn’t listen for long enough to get a true gauge.

If so, they seem to be changing formats almost as often as I change my underwear!

4 Likes