Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

looking the last radio survey the regional breakfast shows have taken a hit (parden the pun) in most markets, SCA should really have 2 breakfast shows one for Central West Dubbo Griffith and Wagga and one for coast. thats just an opinion, i know it will never happen

4 Likes

So true. At least the content would appeal more to those not close to the coast.

3 Likes

I mean a fully local breakfast would be best.
But if they thought a little further outside the box they could do something like that which would work fine.

5 Likes

i totally agree but i dont think they will ever go back to that. they should!. its not a massive outlay per market to have a local announcer for breakfast for both HIT and Triple m, they should be local 6 till 12

2 Likes
3 Likes

Pricey ,he’s well known for his colourful shirts.
I wlll never accept the Triple M rebranding of a once heritage station and call sign,4TO

5 Likes

Me either @Karen_Cee1; always was, always will be 4TO to me and a large majority of their audience.

4 Likes

With Danny Lakey moving to the Gold Coast SeaFM, what’s the NSW breakfast show on Hit. Is it still Maz?

3 Likes

Nic Kelly and Maz. Nic has said he’s hosting for ‘a period of time’

6 Likes

Triple M in regional WA has taken Dave Gleeson 9pm to 12am however unfortunatley Luke Bona is now Delayed across all of WA

He was always delayed in Perth but was live in Regional WA, shame tho cause Luke got so many callers from regional WA

4 Likes

Triple M Mid North Coast and Coffs Coast both also have Dave Gleeson now too, so I’m guessing it’s Network wide now meaning no more Dave Ferrier anywhere?

3 Likes

Nic Kelly Is good talent. Seems to be working hard to get back on air since leaving to run a website and podcast a couple of years.

1 Like

Any body know who the anchor is for Dave Gleeson?

1 Like

The anchor is Tommo from Triple M Adelaide.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. The smart thing about all that, is that when he left radio full time - he was still casual so kept his foot in the door for opportunities - and it paid off for him.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Everybody was hoping this article would be reinstating all local regional Hit brekkie shows.

3 Likes

Always seems to be about creating roles behind the scenes. Makes you wonder what SCA have planned.

6 Likes

I am sure they have also cut certain roles which aren’t mentioned, it’s the only way they could continue to make money, while announcing restructures every three months.

3 Likes
4 Likes