Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

I wonder if he will co host with Leisha or she is leaving?

2 Likes

She is moving the Triple M The Border Ie Albury to do the Afternoon shift. I think.

4 Likes

That will explain why the website schedule hasnā€™t been updated. Currently being hosted by Rohin

1 Like

Anyone aware of a new afternoon show on Hit100.9 Hobart? Itā€™s a duo from midday til 3pm. Nothing seems to be on the industry websites.

2 Likes

Dan Taylor and Christie Hayes 12-3

3 Likes

Thatā€™s quite interestingā€¦ a content-based show during a workday.

Are they mentioned on the website? Is there any other SCA station taking the show/doing a similar program during the workday?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I canā€™t understand the lack of coverage on the industry websites / forums.

2 Likes

1 Like

I wonder if this is a changing of the guard some whatā€¦The current breakfast team basically do 7 days a week.

I havenā€™t listen to their weekend show but if its live, 7 day working canā€™t be sustainable or potentially legal.

Maybe we will see Dan and Christie Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for Breakfast and the current show Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Mondayā€¦or a combination ofā€¦

Dan is a seasoned brekkie announcer from Chilli ā€˜up northā€™ so could drive a breakfast show without issueā€¦and he could car pool with his brother on Triple M breakfast!

3 Likes

Are they actually live on Sunday? Previous weekend breakfasts have been live on Saturday morning with the Sunday show being prerecorded straight after.

Surely they wouldnā€™t be giving up the weekday gig to do just weekends. More likely they have them earmarked for a promotions and are preparing the replacements.

1 Like

Yeah dunno, as mentioned, never actually listen to their weekend show.

And is Hobart Breakfast, to national weekend breakfast a real step backwards?? If it was to another regional breakfast show, yes totally agree, a step sideways definitelyā€¦but maybe itā€™s a natural progression Hobart to weekend breakfast nationally then on to a Metro or Gold coast or Canberraā€¦

Guess time will tell. Good luck to the lads (and Grace) as they have steadily built a profile down hereā€¦and consistently good ratingsā€¦

2 Likes

Less hours = less content = less opportunity to shine and practice their craft. So thatā€™s a downgrade regardless of audience.
It might be national, but itā€™s not a shift the pulls in sponsorship dollars and has historically been a dumping ground for unwanted staff who still have time left on their contract.
In this case itā€™s been used to increase their profile to prime them for a future promotion.

Iā€™d say the new show in Hobart is locally driven by local management who found some extra budget rather than part of a network strategy - hence the lack of publicity for it.

2 Likes

looking at triple mmm Sheppartonā€™s website, sca hasnā€™t updated the breakfast show part of their website showing that josh has started his breakfast show yet triple mmm Sheppartonā€™s facebook page has

2 Likes

Also apparently Gippsland have a local announcer after 9:00am but also not listed on there website.

3 Likes

Triple Regional seemed to have dropped ā€œThe Greatestā€ with Dave Ferrier and replaced with the Capitals Dave Gleeson show at night

3 Likes

Can confirm where I am tonight (Bendigo) that Dave Gleeson is on the regionals.

A shame as the Dave Ferrier show was great, but then Dave Gleesonā€™s show is good too.

3 Likes

Can confirm where I am tonight (Bendigo) that Dave Gleeson is on the regionals.

A shame as the Dave Ferrier show was great, but then Dave Gleesonā€™s show is good too.

Is you search his face book page ā€œDave Gleeson nightsā€ he mentions 20 more regional stations added from tonight.

3 Likes

Curious that Triple Regional Victoria stations all have local breakfast shows, then 9:00 flick to Albury for Guy to 12:00 then Leisha. Except Gippsland have a local announcer (Elerrina) 9:00 to 13:00 which is great. Just surprised why Gippsland is local and no one else is??

2 Likes

Probably because TRFM is half-decent competition?

6 Likes

I listened yesterday, she is only on from 9:00 to 11:00. Website say to 13:00

2 Likes