Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

I’d go 6-10am then 10am-3pm.

1 Like

The perfect regional MMM, would be a duo for breaky 6:00 to 9:00, local 9:00 classic 9@9 then work day to 12:00. 12:00 to 13:00 network electric lunch hosted by a legend Lee Simon or Barry Bissell, 13:00 to 16:00 local, local drive 16:00 to 19:00 followed by the Greatest network, followed by Homegrown, followed by Luke Bona

6 Likes

Sounds like hopping into the time machine again & going back to the 80’s.
That’s always been the problem with Triple M, always looking to the past glory days instead of creating radio that’s new, updated & relevant

5 Likes
4 Likes

Those new Triple M Breakfast designs look hideous.

4 Likes

Yes, they look like someone’s breakfast spewed back up :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I can see what they’re trying to achieve - making it look like a sunrise, whilst integrating the Triple M colours.

But their best is the black and white “Grill Team/Hot Breakfast” look.

Or even better, I’d like to see the M’s somehow integrate their previous logo with a bit of blue too.

4 Likes

I’m sorry to re hash old issues but the playlist on the regionals is honestly atrocious, they had it a point where it’s decent but they’ve gone back to where they were before and I honestly don’t get why. Is there an obsession with trying to skew into a female market but they don’t want to dishearten male listeners do they end up putting Ed Sheeran in. I don’t think people tune into triple M to listen to Ed Sheeran.

4 Likes

I :100: agree. I have gone completely off Triple M. Ed Sheeran and the female skew songs should be Hit not Triple M.

1 Like

Worst part is that’s it sounds alright then it’s unlistenable at some points. Metro’s doing a far better job.

2 Likes

The regionals shouldn’t even be called Triple M.

I can understand that in the smaller regional markets they need a wider playlist than the rock focused metro ones, but then the branding is then misaligned to what Triple M has historically represented - that is Rock.

5 Likes

Metro’s are doing better lol

2 Likes

Flock of 80’s countdown in the metros atm. I’m guessing while it’s s ratings break over the next week.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Finally a sensible programming hire by SCA.

2 Likes

Joshua Arthur previously from ARN Regional Power FM Ballarat Breakfast host now a real estate agent here in Ballarat will be moving to Shepparton in may to become Triple M 95.3 Goulburn Valley Breakfast Host. according to his Instagram ever since he got into radio he wanted to work for the SCA and Triple M brand.

source Josh’s own Instagram

3 Likes

Interesting goal… to work for the SCA / Triple M brand but okay!

He made a big fuss when he left Power that he was switching industries for good so it’s odd he is back so soon.

3 Likes

sounds like real estate didn’t work out for him as he planned and he had a change of heart

2 Likes

Honestly, same thing happened to me in life. Went for a film course, to hopefully get a career in TV/Film because I felt burnt out in the IT industry at the time, but ended up going back to the IT industry in the end - same thing probably happened to him

3 Likes

Real Estate’s a tough slog if you’re not 100% dedicated to it.
Given that it’s only about 6 months since he left Power, I’d say he never fully gave up on radio - this would be virtually the next job that’s become available without requiring a significant move.
Many have left Grant Broadcasters in Ballarat citing the problems with the culture of the place. SCA in Shepparton will certainly come with a different culture.

5 Likes