Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

It was good when they had Saturday night live with Digby Gillings at the end of last year.

3 Likes

No not even metros I don’t think. Wouldn’t be surprised if it stays that way after.

2 Likes

@Mechsta sacked the journo?

1 Like

Not sure but that would be the most likely reason.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, the real footy is back in a couple of week to replace it!

5 Likes

It started this week.

2 Likes

Fight fight fight!

2 Likes

Triple M Sunraysia host Matt “Matman” Jonsen has apologised after greeting MasterChef contestant Sarah Tiong with “ni hao ma” off-air on this morning’s show. Sarah, who was eliminated from MC last night, wrote in an Instagram post (which had since been deleted) that she “felt uncomfortable and shocked” and ended the phone call straight away.

2 Likes

You won’t be able to speak this time next year. Everything is such an outrage these days. This is social media’s fault. A horrible development in our history.

10 Likes

Really? I’m sure there are enough talented media people in this country who are continually and consciously aware of what is right and wrong to say in on TV/radio/social media/other platforms accessible to the broader public.

3 Likes

Yes - it’s great that social media has allowed her to call out what is offensive behaviour. “Oh, she’s Asian therefore I’ll use that Chinese greeting that I don’t quite know” - it’s not a speech issue, it’s the courtesy of knowing something about the guest you have on a show - not assuming something clearly based on race.

She wasn’t calling on anyone to get fired or silenced - just asked that they realise the offence that was caused and to do better in future.

10 Likes

Went down Short St in Port Macquarie today, looks like SCA (and presumably Nine as well) have now moved out as there is now a “For Lease” sign on it and the STL links on the roof have been removed.

Will have to check out the new site over at Thrumster in the Industrial Estate.

3 Likes

Moved in late April. New studios are lovely

2 Likes

I have been really loving this G.O.A.T countdown on Triple M CQ. Thank god we did not have to put up with the Triple M Gold Coast countdown. I see they had Pink at No.2 today going by their Facebook page.

2 Likes

God knows why they don’t take the regional log on the Gold Coast. Not like 92.5 is setting the Coast on fire

7 Likes

Not wrong there mate. Going by their Facebook page, a lot of people are questioning about their G.O.A.T list.

4 Likes

I agree, here’s the metro/regional GOAT Top 20 except #1
Wonder who #1 will be?

1. ???
  2. AC/DC
  3. FOO FIGHTERS
  4. LED ZEPPELIN
  5. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
  6. METALLICA
  7. DAVID BOWIE
  8. THE BEATLES
  9. PINK FLOYD
  10. ROLLING STONES
  11. BON JOVI
  12. U2
  13. GUNS N ROSES
  14. COLD CHISEL
  15. NIRVANA
  16. JIMMY BARNES
  17. ELTON JOHN
  18. GREEN DAY
  19. MIDNIGHT OIL
  20. INXS
2 Likes

My Guess is Queen

2 Likes

Aah yes, I reckon you are right, they’d have to be in the Top 20 somewhere.

2 Likes

Now that’s what regional M’s should always be playing.

1 Like