Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

That KOFM logo looks disgusting, same with 4TO but 2GO and Gold aren’t too bad.

Sites are up and running

1 Like

Name changes on Triple M side, everything will be running for the switch on Thursday.

Definitely still being tweaked, plenty of content needs to come across (plus the existing sites are still up for now).

Something I don’t get is having local brands for stations that only broadcast local advertising - there’s still only one WA programming feed, for example, yet there are now five hit brands.

Also KO-FM have had the logo changed on the App Store, that I believe is handled by Local works

Does anyone have an image of one of the original Star FM regional logos from early 2000s?

It had a dark blue background with the frequency in white and the Star logo was gold I think?

I’ve tried googling…

looks like the NXFM twitter page has been updated https://twitter.com/hitnewie

1 Like

The Dubbo, Sunraysia, Border, Central West, Mid North Coast and probably others have also changed Twitter handles.

The Central Coast station name on Twitter is now “hit101.3 Sea FM” although I don’t think their handle (@SeaCentralCoast) has really changed.

1 Like

How come 4TOFM and 4GC escape the Triple M moniker?

come midnight the switch will happen

4TO is listed as transitional, it won’t change over for another 12 months.
Same goes for KOFM Newcatle, 2GO Gosford and MIX 94.5 Perth.

4GC isn’t owned by Southern Cross Austereo. They were sold off when the “4 voices” rule was brought in as SCA already owned a TV station, meaning there were then only 2 other “voices” (WIN and 7QLD). SCA kept HOT FM of course,

Nope. In Chartres Towers both Hot FM and 4GC were sold to resonate, but SCA continue to provide all content for both stations except for the breakfast shift on 4GC.

However in other markets (Mount Isa, Emerald, Kingaroy, Roma and Marreba) they retained Hot FM, selling only the AM station.

2 Likes

Google tells me 4GC is now owned by Resonate which seems to be a in very cosy relationship with SCA?

I’m thinking that SEA FM and MIX FM Sunshine Coast probably won’t change either even though they are branded like SCA stations and carry many of the programs. (Owned by Eon, they had to be sold by SCA due to the overlap with Brisbane stations putting them in breach of diversity rules.).

1 Like

Yeah, 101.3 SEA isn’t taking the H!t name as such for the same reason (perceived overlap with Sydney and Newcastle).

I think they will only differentiate with the Ms by ID’ing it as say “Newcastle’s 102.9 Triple M”.

10 minutes

Wide Bay RDS

Bundaberg 93.1

Hit 101.9 and 93.1 have AF enabled - so makes for a less-than-seamless change in display if activated.

on the border it has hit104.9 and scrolling text has the borders number 1 for hits and old school and formerly the river has 105.7MMM and scrolling text is lu & matt for breakfast weekdays from 6am

Did anyone hear the Launch piece that played at midnight on NXFM ? it was great !

1 Like