Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

No fancy launch from what I heard locally - coming from the midnight ads to a “Star FM” ID, after the following song straight into the “Hit” branding.

I must say it’s quite different hearing the “point” reinstated (and minor region name changes too).
Eg, what was once the Greater Valley’s ninety-six nine Star FM is now the Goulburn Valley’s Hit ninety six point nine.

1 Like

103.5 MIX FM didn’t change at midnight and based on the breakfast show promos it sounds like the change will happen at 8.05 am. Also no change for 4GR.

The Twitter page for Triple M Hobart (formally HeartFM) has been updated somewhat, but their actual website and Facebook has yet to be touched. Wonder how long that will take to be updated…

Heard NXFM change to HIT 106.9 over night.
Triple M have updated apps as well

as well as the transition stations

HIT apps

1 Like

The “Classic Hits” version of Triple M :slight_smile: launched on 103.5 Fraser Coast and 4GR after the 8am news this morning.

1 Like

Same with 5SE. 963 Triple M Classic Hits launched after 8.00am News & Weather.

1 Like

The hit104.9 team were broadcasting live on location today so good way to get the brand around

Agree KOFM looks terrible. Not a fan of Gold either.

They should’ve either re done the logo using Triple M font and colours or get rid of that red to yello fade in the logo.

I’ve always hated the “pointless” frequency IDs.
So I’m pleased that the point seems to be back!
Welcome back point.

I’ll check out some streams tonight and see if that is consistent across the network.

1 Like

I had a listen to the new Triple M Albury online today, it’s same old same old music-wise: they played Justin Timberlake’s Can’t Stop the Feeling along with overplayed 90s gems such as “What’s Up” by 4 Non Blondes and “Hey Leonardo” by Blessid Union of Souls. Don’t be surprised if Triple M Metro follows suit format-wise.

Metro would be to similar to Gold, WS and Mix in Brisbane. Having that pod to those is probably smarter.

SCA having a toot of their own horn over the changes: http://www.scaengage.com.au/news-events/sca-creates-radio-history/

Brand “hierarchy”:

Edit: Uploaded the higher res versions for better legibility.

4 Likes

Thanks!

Interesting that H!t has now been removed from the Bundaberg branding (compared to the one that was posted by LeighF last night - post #557).

2 Likes

Heard a few station IDs now:

Hit 106 point 9
101 point 3 Sea FM
The Coffs Coast Hit 105 point 5

1 Like

I heard a “Triple M Loves Bendigo” id - an interesting replacement for rocks. Couldn’t get RDS to lock though.

2 Likes

I thought 3BO used to do the “3BO Loves (town name)” sweepers too…
And it wasn’t always Bendigo…
I think I remember hearing “3BO Loves Strathfieldsaye” one time.

2 Likes

Listening to Triple M regional WA online (formerly Radio West) and it does feel a bit weird listening to it in MONO and with a more laid back country announcer (since it’s still the arvo shift over there).

And just heard a sweeper

“Radio West - now the Central Wheatbelt’s 1098, Triple M”.

I haven’t heard any references to the heritage callsigns on any other station tonight.

Another new one

“The new whisper around town is … Triple M”
(the station ID being in the iconic whispering voice")

1 Like

As expected 2GO still identifies as “107.7 2GO”. Sogan is still apparently “Greatest Hits 80S, 90S & Now 107.7 2Go”

From the facebook page:

Sea FM still identifies as “101.3 Sea FM”.

2 Likes