Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Zetta for Hit feeds warwick stanthorpe and dalby, then a separate ads feed to tbar, with zetta its just setup with multipul stations on the one computer

3 Likes

His last day on air will be on Friday 23rd December.

4 Likes

Looks like a simple case of swapsie.

Gabi has gone to Mix106.3 Drive and Bronte has gone to Hit QLD Breakfast.

I wonder if there’s more to this story?

3 Likes

Have to say I am not disappointed, I couldn’t stand her when she was here in Toowoomba on Hit, not only did she annoy me on air but was very demanding off air around the station when they were in the building at 4AK
Then she ended up doing a statewide breakfast show :roll_eyes:

Either all the best with what she gets up to next

5 Likes

See @gordo92, act like a diva and be rewarded. That’s the culture that needs a clear out from that company.

Would be far more successful without it.

4 Likes

Quick listen to 92.5 MMM Flock of Eighties weekend.

You listened to us on AM and then FM on the Gold Coast when you heard these …

In the 80’s we were 4 double G - followed by GG jingle.

The Coast’s Good Times and Greatest Hits

9 Likes

Makes you wonder why they’re still not Double G or at the very least Gold 92.5. Why do these bland Triple M brands try to talk up the heritage after destroying it?

10 Likes

Everything about the station has been great this weekend until the sweepers say Triple M. Gold FM was the perfect name for a Gold Coast station but now we have Hot Tomato Gold.

Anyway - just played Flock of Seagulls.

7 Likes

It’s a really interesting conundrum for SCA, I think most in this forum agree the extension of MMM to the regions has not only diluted strong regional brands but potentially also damaged the capital city brands they were trying to mimic.

But, is it worth returning to the old station names…Gold/Double G, 4TO, 2GO for example, or are they now dead?

Would you run ‘2GO, part of the Triple M network’ prior to the news to kinda keep the link…

And what would you do with a station like Triple M Hobart, a station that, in it’s short history has had a few incarnations…none of which muster up a huge amount of nostalgia apart from a few faded stickers on old cars running around Hobart…Magic and Heart had potential but didn’t hit the mark in the market…

Would you do a switch with Hit…to allow the return of TTT Fm…Hobarts Hit 1oh7 Three sounds OK to me and 100.9 Triple T, Good times and Greatest Hits…Well yes please.

Some Hobartians still call 100.9, Triple T…and that’s been gone for awhile…

My point is, is the time, effort and money of rebranding back, worth it if the brands are now kaput anyway…

Discuss…

7 Likes

Agree, I think a return to local brands on the Triple M network is worth doing, and they could do this without losing the network lineage entirely as you said by saying “XXXX, part of the Triple M network” so when the Triple M football coverage is on, it doesn’t feel totally out of place on the locally branded stations.

As for Hobart, leave Hit 100 point 9 as is, but 107.3 could be relaunched as “107 point 3 - Triple T - Good Times and Greatest Hits” (part of the Triple M network).

4 Likes

Not sure that would work…100.9 and TTT go together…

Not sure the locals would accept a TTT @ 107.3

3 Likes

Agree with @Radiohead a combination brand. “4TO, part of the Triple M network”. It’s what they should have done in the first place rather than re-brand.

It might be too late to bring some back, but the likes of 4TO-FM, 4GR, 2GO, Gold 92.5, KO-FM are no-brainers IMO. Stations like 103.5 Maryborough and 93.1 Bundaberg can probably stay Triple M as there is no real heritage callsign for either (Mix and Sea respectively).

Not sure about Hobart, probably ok to leave 107.3 as Triple M. It is a capital city after all.

4 Likes

I’d bring back the local brands entirely however all would have the same logo. Triple M would remain as a capital city brand. Who ever decided on that branding was completely clueless and hopefully no longer works for SCA.

4 Likes

4MB-FM for 103.5 Maryborough?

Going back to Sea for Bundy would still work I think?

I don’t think a rebrand for the HIT stations would have the same impact however, they have never really been the “local” stations to the same extent.

2 Likes

Yes, adding part of the Triple M Network prior to the news would work, ACE do similar with their stations I believe

4 Likes

Didn’t they already do exactly that prior to the full rebrand?

3 Likes

Yes, all regionals had that “part of network” hourly mention prior to the rebrand.

The only stations it made sense to rebrand were the Hit regionals (StarFM, HotFM, etc). But they could’ve easily left the Triple M network alone.

5 Likes

I grew up with Sea FM, and Sea FM still exists in the Gold Coast, I would bring it back for the Central Coast and Hobart.

4 Likes

Definitely for the Central Coast as their call sign is actually 2CFM, so makes sense, just like WS FM’s call sign is 2UUS.

2 Likes

I think they can have those nods without a rebrand. Triple M Melbourne go through phases of mentioning their Eon days, which they can do without needing to fully rebrand anything.

Like the Hit network I think there’s markets where their heratige brand is so strong they should move back to a co brand, but for the most part just growing some nods and using the local branding as a promo for some throwback songs is enough.

1 Like