Snack Masters

Snackmasters is a unique cooking contest hosted by Scott Pickett and Poh Ling Yeow (MasterChef Australia) where highly awarded chefs at the top of their game go head-to-head to perfectly replicate famous Aussie snacks.

The new series will have all of Australia asking can our top chefs crack the magic snack?

Each week the chefs will wrestle a selected snack into submission in their own kitchens, before entering the Snack Arena for a cook-off judged by the very factory workers who make the

snack every day. The chef whose recipe is closest to the original will take home the highly coveted Snack Trophy and bragging rights as a true Snack Master.

Yvie Jones , ex- Goggleboxer and self-confessed snack lover, journeys deep into our food factories to find the secrets that go into the creation of Australia’s favourite snacks and see where the chefs are getting it wrong – and right.

Featuring snacks like Twisties, Drumsticks, Whoppers and Cadbury Favourites, this is the only Aussie food show on prime-time TV where viewers know exactly how the finished results should taste, and whether our chefs have truly mastered our favourite snacks.

Snackmasters is based on the BAFTA-nominated UK program format and made by Warner Bros. International Television Production for the 9Network.

2 Likes

Weird they didn’t include Poh’s last name on the end cap above, but she’s well known enough to forgo one now I guess.

Missed opportunity for 10 to work with Poh or Yvie on some projects given their popularity and familiarity with viewers, both are great pick-up’s.

Here’s hoping a food format finally works for them.

1 Like

No doubt Snack Masters will be a product integration/advertising goldmine. As per killy06, potentially a missed opportunity for Ten with both Poh & Yvie having previously been strong personalities for them.

While it’ll probably be on the main channel (post-Block?), the format sounds a bit lame for the main channel IMO. Almost like the type of thing you’d expect to see on 9Life.

Would be well suited as filler like Travel Guides I reckon…not a lot of episodes per season…the UK version becomes same old same very quickly…5 eps before Easter and 5 after The Block in the back end

Knowing what Nine is like with all of their ‘big-ticket’ franchises they’ll probably strip this to 3 nights a week at around 90 minutes per episode. Hope they resist that though and keep this show once a week, maybe even in an 8.30 slot behind something like The Block or Ninja Warrior.

1 Like

The Block is half way done so we should start seeing promos for this soon? Can’t wait!

According to one of Poh’s recent instagram posts, Snackmasters is set to air in December this year. Probably succeeding Parental Guidance on Mondays-Wednesdays.

Nice to see some local content on air into Summer non-ratings as always.

2 Likes

I wonder if she will be in I’m A Celeb as rumoured considering obviously this is going to be on Nine and they aren’t ones to let their talent appear on other networks.

The rumour probably stems back to the Daily Mail anyway, so.

She’s been away from her Jamface markets in Adelaide in recent days, to which she attributed to ‘filming Snackmasters which will air in December’, so I reckon it’s definitely a ‘rumour’ that she’ll be on I’m a Celebrity.

2 Likes

Promo tonight

1 Like

Looks great!

This is what streaming’s done.

Usually tonight Nine would close up shop for the year after The Block auctions but we still have Parental Guidance on and Lego Masters Christmas and Snack Masters to come.

Nine are finally programming all year round. And it’s the viewers that come out the winners.

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward to this.

1 Like

Very ‘Nine’ promo there, doesn’t look bad.

Would like to see them use Poh’s full name though, unless she requested otherwise of course.

Why? She’s always been known as just Poh.

Even during her return season of MasterChef last year.

1 Like

Well MasterChef only use first names for regular contestants, so there’s a precedence there even though she returned for the All Stars season as you mentioned.

Why do they use Yvie’s surname, by that logic surely she could just go by Yvie as that’s all that was used for Gogglebox.

Professionally Poh’s known by her full name, so just not sure why it couldn’t be used.

If you had said Yvie is going to be on this show id say “who?”. Yvie who?

If you say to me Poh is in this show I would instantly know who you mean.

But I get what you’re saying.

1 Like

Poh who? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Omg you’re so annoying lol

3 Likes

Very keen for this. It’s something different!

I’m also happy to see Poh on a commercial network. It’s taken a fair bit of time, but she is such a talent

2 Likes