smoothfm

Don’t get to excited. It might just be bonus spots, or part of a national agency buy.

Many other DAB+ stations also run commercials.

7 Likes

Seems like they have a new presenter Kelly I didn’t catch her last name. I hope they still use Karen Prater I think she should have a permanent slot.

3 Likes

Kelly Golding?

2 Likes

Karen has been on air today. Kelly Golding has been covering the 91.5 Breakfast show this week. She also is (or was) the Perth breakfast announcer. She’s not that great at it.

1 Like

Yes she’s not a bad presenter, I haven’t heard her on Smooth before. I usually listen in the afternoon not usually in the morning

1 Like

When I was driving around Melbourne this morning I had a bit of a listen to Smooth (My wife wouldn’t allow me to change channels) With songs like The Sign by Ace of Base and Total Eclipse of The Heart by Nikki French, I definitely wouldn’t call this station a easy listening station anymore. It actually felt like I was driving around Melbourne in 1998 listening to 3TTT (TT FM).

7 Likes

Maybe Nova Entertainment should rebrand smooth 91.5/95.3 to Mix 91.5/95.3 since ARN/IHeart Radio is no longer using mix

1 Like

No way. The smooth brand is one of the most successful radio launches/network this country has seen.

10 Likes

Bring back Vega!

3 Likes

Maybe take the old “Easy Rock” name from 3XY, since it’s closer to that these days!

@bacco007 for a 2nd incarnation, “Even More Vaguer Than Before”? I didn’t mind the Vega name, went well with Nova.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, the brand didn’t sit too well with listeners, neither did it with its temporary “Classic Rock” branding.

4 Likes

1998 - 25 years ago? so 18-year-olds back then are in the right age now for such a format?

2 Likes

I really liked Vega, it was probably the most different station in the early 2000s for commercial radio. I must admit I agree the Smooth format was much more successful. It is probably unlikely to change,

6 Likes

Yes, as they said, “40 years of music doesn’t leave much time for a lot of talk”.

40 years now is the early to now mid 80s!!! Back then it was the 60s. Sigh! Getting old.

5 Likes

aging out of advertiser friendly demos are Gen-X.

1 Like

I think if Vega was starting up today, it would be “50 years of music” not 40.

5 Likes

The softer you get,the faster your station’s demos go up, of course.

3 Likes

Yes we are. I remember Zinc in Gympie had that 40 years of music format before they went to a full on rock station back in the mid 00’s.
I remember hearing Jimi Hendrix and some of the early Rolling Stones song played on Zinc back then.

4 Likes

I think should be 60 years of music :grinning:. Sounds really old. I think SWR gets it right to drop the decades. Vega sounds different? That’s the old Nova slogan?

2 Likes