smoothfm

Nah, AW traffic isn’t going in-house. They get it for free from the Dept of Transport. It’s pure profit for them. Other stations in the network wish they had that deal.

2 Likes

They are setting up their own rival to the Australian Traffic Network according to the Upfronts.

3 Likes

middle of “to be with you” by Mr Big (playing now), the stream cuts out, 3 adverts play, than the song resumes as if it never stopped playing. its this stuff that looks like amateur hour

5 Likes

I tuned in thru their stream one time and it was back to back ads for half an hour :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ads featuring Kyle and Jackie O and yeah maybe a song or two.

New show title

1 Like

Amber Sherlock reading the 10am news on Smooth this morning.

3 Likes

Is Steve Blander still around? Doesn’t he usually do the morning shift?

1 Like

I heard him last week yep. Seems to be quite irregular atm.

1 Like

Cameron Daddo talking about his niece having a video/photography business for weddings just now on Smooth.

Also, Ally this. My wife that.

It’s really annoying the constant plugging of his family. Nepotism at its finest.

4 Likes

Steve Lander on Smooth must have been to the Chris Bath school of journo.

No greeting, just an ‘Im Steve Lander’ to start his hourly bulletins.

1 Like

Steve Blanda is a legend. He can do whatever he wants in my book.

5 Likes

Oh is it Blanda? I haven’t picked up on that.

He could still say hello!

1 Like

2GB/2UE historically used to start their bulletins with its x o’clock good morning/evening/afternoon I’m insert name here. Or for their national news it’s I’m insert name here and begins with the first story. So starting the bulletin with I’m Steve Blander isn’t a bad thing or without precedence.

I know this isn’t the Nine Talk Radio thread but I don’t think they should start with three news headlines. They started doing it since Nine took them over and don’t do it on 3AW. I would remove it as it makes the bulletin sound too tabloid in my opinion. I would change it so if the bulletin is only in Sydney start with a time call and the presenter’s name ie it’s 2 o’clock good afternoon I’m Steve Blander. Then start with the first story.

2 Likes

Actually, news bulletins on the heritage AM talk/news stations in the 1960’s/70’s and into the 80’s always led with the intro jingle, the 3 headlines, then name/time etc, first story.

However, there’s been many permutations of news intro’s and delivery styles over many decades, particularly after FM started.

News is part of the branding of a station, it’s relevance these days, unfortunately has diminished.

If you don’t like the current presentation on a particular station, easy, switch it off!

Steve Blanda is one of Australia’s most distinguished and awarded readers/journo’s. He can do whatever he wants, it will always be of the highest professional standards.

4 Likes

lol I’m not going to turn off Smooth just because ‘Blanda’ can’t say ‘good morning’.

I just think it’s jarring and don’t see why they can’t use a greeting. But it’s not the end of the world.

1 Like

Am I going mad, or do Bogart Torelli and Ron Wilson start the breakfast show half an hour later in Sydney now?

I swear they used to start at 5, but now they’re starting at 5:30.

1 Like

‘… and Cameron Daddo is here 7 nights a week’.

lol not even trying to pretend anymore.

4 Likes

I bet some listeners will wonder why he doesn’t get any days off!

3 Likes

The ad’s are driving me nuts on Smooth lately. This is why I preferred the old Smooth Perth - as it was basically east coast Smooth with barely any ads and DJ talk.

What would be a similar option to this that will work on Apple Homepod?

3 Likes

Anyone noticed the guy who does all the voiceovers and spoken ads for Smooth speaks so slow like hes talking to a room of 3 year olds? Driving me nuts.

1 Like