Sky Thoroughbred Central

Tabcorp has been negotiating with Network 10 this week for the Sky Thoroughbred Central channel to be broadcast on one of its channels, with a deal expected to be completed this weekend, The Australian is reporting.

6 Likes

Sounds about as riveting to me as the prospect of another home shopping or cooking/food themed channel launching on free to air TV.

If the deal goes ahead, presumably Sky Thoroughbred Central via Ten will be on LCN-16?

6 Likes

Another horse racing channel??
No thanks.
:man_facepalming:
Edit: it’s just on 10 bold, not a full channel. Thank fucking god

5 Likes

One of my grandparents used to watch RacingDotCom a lot but then Sky News on WIN, ABC News’ main regional competitor came along.

1 Like

Thoroughbred Central shows races from across Australia except VIC and SA. That means inevitably they will be races covered on both the channel and racing.com

1 Like

Looking at the guides for the next week I can’t see any overlap. ??

No overlaps today, but watch out for the Brisbane Winter Racing Carnival in June.

1 Like

Is there any way around it so that I can view the full article?

Purchase today’s paper or buy a subscription?

1 Like

I thought there would be a tweet about the article over on social media.

From what I have read they are negotiating with 7 and 10.

No, it will just be, eg 12pm-5pm on 10 Bold.
No new channel, just Sky buying airtime on a channel.

5 Likes

That would be pretty good if it happens. it would mean almost every horse race in Australia plus some oversea races would be on FTA.

1 Like

According to the article, it’s not yet known whether Tab will pay 10 for the deal.

Judging by the previous reporting about this, any potential arrangement wouldn’t be a long-term one but rather a short-term deal to fill the sports void which the Coronavirus has caused

1 Like

FUCK the australian and their STUPID FUCKING PAYWALL!
Jeffmister, how did you look at the article?? Outline.com does not work for me

3 Likes

I’m a subscriber to The Australian

This is too good.

12 Likes

I gathered that. But to be honest I never read the article.

Can you give us a summary of the article?

I’d have thought 10 Bold would be doing pretty well during the day - if it’s just them buying air time they should replace Spree TV with it, not impact their existing programming.

4 Likes