Sky Thoroughbred Central

Wouldn’t Spree TV be making enough money for them not warrant any changes?

1 Like

I would assume Ten would make more money from the ads in standard daytime programming on Bold/Peach than they would the paid programming on Spree - otherwise presumably there’d be a whole lot more paid programming on Ten’s multichannels.

As much as I’d prefer Spree didn’t exist, by them having some content on it people might choose to watch, they’d be somewhat more likely someone accidentally leaves it on and watches an advertorial that follows - which could improve how much they can sell the remaining time for.

2 Likes

littlegezzybear pretty outlined everything that the article mentions about the potential Sky/Ten deal. One thing to add though - it’s unclear what channel would carry the Sky Thoroughbred Central simulcast

Most of the article is about the deals Tabcorp has signed recently for overseas countries to carry Australian horse racing considering it’s one of the few sports unaffected by the Coronavirus

4 Likes

Has it been confirmed?

Don’t know for sure if this is either another channel or it’s just on 10 bold.

2 Likes

I found this online from a few days ago.

There have been behind the scenes negotiations for Sky Channel to show its premium station on free-to-air but Sky has been unable to come to a commercial agreement with Seven.

It is understood Channel 10 is keen to deal with Sky but it has been stymied by the complicated media agreements in Queensland.

RQ and the Brisbane Racing Club have separate media deals with pay and free-to-air companies.

It is also causing problems with the overall media rights negotiations which have been going on for almost a year.

The Queensland media rights contract needs to be in place by July 1.

1 Like
2 Likes

Never seen this before so I could be a little late, but channel 7 are taking the Sky racing feed directley

1 Like

They are also directing viewers to Sky Racing for “post-match interviews and replays.”

does this mean 10 has failed to secure rights to extended horse racing.

1 Like

What Jack & foxy are discussing is separate thing to the Victorian Spring Racing Carnival (excluding the Melbourne Cup Carnival) rights where an agreement hasn’t been finalized yet

1 Like