Sky Racing

Because they don’t care.

Same with it being available on Kayo

2 Likes

Increasing the number of covered events will increase the betting pool too - in other states, non-televised events are usually limited to on-track betting (not sure what the go is in WA). Getting greater coverage may be a way to help regional race clubs without having the racing authorities need to splash cash too.

Now that every betting agency seems to be offering Sky racing streaming, its not as big a deal as it used to be. I think its poorer form that they’ve bought a bunch of sports rights to lock away for venue only consumption

2 Likes

They should care about their customers.

1 Like

They don’t care. If they did then they would shut down.

There’s hundreds of thousands of racing fans. Having Sky 1 in HD would be a reason to get and keep Foxtel.

I’m surprised they haven’t really pushed more to have it on there. Unless it’s to do with the fact that Sky racing is owned by the TAB and the TAB may want its punters in venues rather than at home. Hence the reason why Sky is now HD in most venues and not homes.

1 Like

Nah they want you down the TAB to lose more money

I keep hearing that the number of TAB venues is reducing because operators aren’t interested any more - the sports content would be an act to counteract this with a “value add”

I dont know what the deal Tab has with Foxtel, but it may not be viable to have the HD and SD services available based on the deal they have.

2 Likes

Are the races/greyhounds etc produced in HD?

Watching the Sky Thoroughbred Central HD channel right now and the trials coming out of Newcastle look very SD.

1 Like

Does anyone know what’s going on with Sky Racing 1 &2 at the moment on Foxtel home STB’s? I’m not sure when it started but there is an HD watermark on the screen and to me, it looks like a glitch. once you see whats going on you will know what I mean.

1 Like

It’s been that way for a couple of years now

In pubs and clubs. Im talking about home Foxtel STB’s

I am talking about the SD versions on Foxtel. They wrongly have HD under the logo/watermark.

This is what i’m getting at. Is this confirmed as just a watermark error?

Most likely an error. Getting the pictures that you see at bars. But tbh, they should upgrade Sky 1 and Sky 2 to HD on Foxtel in line with Sky TC. Should have been done 6 years ago.

1 Like

I doubt it’s an error. They probably don’t see it as a big deal.

Absolutely. Not to mention having their channels available on Kayo as well, but I think there’s a lot of contractual restrictions with streaming.

Desperately want Sky1 in HD. It’s 2023. And I’m
a racing fan.

It’s interesting too. I’ve got Foxtel Go/Now as a multi screen option and I can get Sky 1 on my Samsung TV in the kitchen. But if I had Kayo I couldn’t.

It’s one reason I keep my Foxtel.

Didn’t Sky shift all of their pubs/clubs to HD? That would mean they’re be producing an SD service only for Fox