Sky Racing

Most (if not all) of the TAB racing venues were connected to Telstra’s DVN over the last few years

3 Likes

My Foxtel is showing the HD Sky Racing Watermark.

2 Likes

So have they finally added the HD versions of Sky Racing 1/2 to Foxtel or is it just a playout mistake?

1 Like

Could be a playout mistake and they just put an ad in a different position than usual.

2 Likes

It must have been a mistake. Just did a fresh satellite scan and the only HD versions up there are on the Sky-owned transponder.

Also noticed Sky Sports 3 has been recently added to the same transponder. I’m still yet to see what’s on these channels. Are they just straight dirty Optus Sports feeds or are they rebadged?

2 Likes

Sky Racing 2 on Foxtel to be included in basic pack from March 26

1 Like

I often wondered how many people actually pay the extra $5 a month for Sky Racing 2. Because it can’t have been that many if it’s going to be part of the basic package from the end of the month!

2 Likes

Probably got too many complaints from punters that a race got bumped onto Sky 2 just so Sky 1 could show a Greyhound race from a random track in New South Wales.

1 Like

Why isn’t sky racing in HD Foxtel like all your other sports channels.Plus Sky racing 1 & 2 are in HD at my local club.

1 Like

This one slipped under the radar - TAB will broadcast MLB Network into venues and allow members to stream games online/via the tab app

https://www.tabcorp.com.au/news-media/mlb-tabcorp-partnership

4 Likes

Tabcorp and Sky Racing have secured a new 10-year broadcast deal with Racing Queensland, including all horse racing, harness racing and greyhound races in the state but excludes Brisbane Racing Club’s winter carnival. The BRC deal has been finalised but not yet signed with Sky Racing.

2 Likes

I wonder if we’ll see a new dedicated channel as a result?

I’m surprised they havent tried to monetise their access to the American sports services (MLB Network, NFL Network, NBA TV)

3 Likes

We probably will never know but wonder how close Racing QLD got to going with Racing.com instead of sticking with Sky?

Sky 1 just played 2 Auto One ads consecutively.

1 Like

Big blooper during Bunbury on Sky 2 with Dan Huddy in the studio visible walking out of the studio.

1 Like

Sky Racing need more advertisers, they just played a NordVPN ad twice in a row. Either that, or someone needs to purchase the network.

2 Likes

Sky 1 mistook Goulburn for Caulfield for a moment. Caulfield race tomorrow.

Would really like Sky 1 on Foxtel to be in HD. And also on Foxtel Go.

I discovered the other day that Sky Racing and Greyhound Racing Victoria have a joint live streaming service called Watchdog. It’s available on their Watchdog app and offers more in-depth greyhound racing coverage on top of the normal broadcasts on Sky 1 and 2. It has similar graphics to Sky Racing. Interesting.

4 Likes