Sky News

Way more fast-paced than Breakfast though.

And yet there are more people sleeping in front of breakfast than watching Sky

Congratulations to Laura Jayes who has given birth to daughter Sophie.

1 Like

God, I watched a segment of Sky News First Edition this morning and I wish I had stopped watching. The graphics and music is awful, the presenting style is odd, and the set is ok I guess, much prefer to watch Breakfast.

2 Likes

Fox Sports News will soon be under Sky’s watch. Brand to demand but job losses expected.

2 Likes

So the quality of fox sports will severely diminish under this new arrangement. News corp are fuckwits.

7 Likes

I wonder if the Fox Sports News brand will continue or if they’ll rename it to “Sky News Sports” or something awkward like that to tie-in with the names of the existing Sky News network of channels?

2 Likes

According to the media week article it will retain it’s current branding

I feel there is always some kind of duplication when Sky News has its sports reports when there is already Fox Sports News. Will Fox Sports News presenters be reading sports news during Sky News bulletins?
Also FSN contributes content to Australia Channel for overseas viewers.

[quote=“cmo, post:636, topic:591, full:true”]
So the quality of fox sports will severely diminish under this new arrangement.[/quote]
If what ANC did to The Weather Channel when they took over it is any indication, Fox Sports News will be gutted and turned into a poor initiation of its former self

7 Likes

Fox sports news has brilliant sets. I shudder at the thought of what sky news will produce. And it better be in full HD.

I just subjected myself to Paul Murrays opening monologue… what a fucken mess that is. He is an uncouth Neanderthal. And he stands up and his massive gut hangs over his belt line. Atrocious presentation. The bloke is a pig and really his condescending tone is really off putting.

i just want to slap that stupid grin right off his face. one of my best achivements on twitter was being blocked by this moron

1 Like

If anything, Sky should be merging with Fox Sports. I thought the general quality in terms of presentation of Sky News was going to improve when News Corp took over entirely, but nothing has happened apart from a (admittedly) very nice set. I too hate to think what’s going to happen when Sky takes over FSN. You may as well kiss it goodbye as a decent outlet.

2 Likes

I’m also surprised by how little Sky has changed since News took full control. From a viewers perspective, I was expecting more substantive changes to either have been made or in the process of being done (e.g.; new name, beefing up of reporters/use of News Corp journalists) but it’s pretty much the same old Sky apart from new studios

Coverage of budget speech

4 Likes

A nice idea but much too busy for my liking.

1 Like

Check out the hideous microphones

5 Likes

1 Like

Is it just me or is there a very weird noise in the background on Sky News at the moment (during the Xenophon interview)?

I believe that was the sound of the bells for a division in the Senate.