Sky News

Sky certainly turns to FTA for all their reporting. Shamelessly taking a full story and then cutting off the reporter sign off at the end, no credit to network who created it.

Its unprofessional IMO, but he gets away with it because Sky see them as the enemy and he hosts an opinion show.

I find it very hard to get a ‘read’ on Murray - his Sky News persona is very different to that he portrayed on the radio (and even in his podcast) - its almost as if he’s morphing into a Stephen Colbert-esque character

1 Like

Why does PM get the new set… couldn’t they keep him in the old one and use the new one for news. Actually wait probably wouldn’t work considering they don’t produce news… -.-

1 Like

That’s what I always thought, was he always this far-right on MMM? When his 180 show launched he seemed a bit lefty. Maybe he changed his views to suit talkback and Sky?

I dont believe he was at MMM (but thats looking back with hindsight) - he definately changed while at UE.

180 was worth watching, I cant stand PML

That’s part of the deal, they’re not stealing it, they’re allowed access to it.

I’ve heard him refer to himself as ‘a reformed lefty’.

He was centerist and slightly left. Then he worked with that fuckwit michael smith and Jason Morrison at 2ue and he started becoming a rabid right wing populist and continue this on sky. For an apparently educated 38-40 year old he’s a complete hypocritical moron.

1 Like

We’re all well aware of that.

Sky is rebroadcasting CNN due to the missile launch.

Outsiders returns this Sunday with a ‘mystery guest’ joining Ross Cameron & Rowan Dean.

I heard him speaking today and his argument is that we should not be appointing people into roles based on the colour of their skin - rather based on their merit (something Gough Whitlam was a big believer in ‘meritocracy’) and the ‘content of their character’ as MLK would say.
White racism does exist. A white Australian women was turned away from a multicultral centre in Sydney the other week.

1 Like

What are these supposed roles that people are being appointed to based on the colour of their skin?

Allegedly? He either has or he hasn’t.

Fine then.

Mark Latham has taken to social media

It appears that Skys encore presentations are sourced from a dirty feed - Jones and Co is on at the moment and you can see the sky news live watermark behind the poorly position sky news encore watermark

Hard to judge without watching the episode???

Technical difficulties on Sky News tonight. Paul Murray Live started 2 minutes late, then Sharon McKenzie appeared to do the news headlines. Then she threw to Paul who appears on the old set.

1 Like

Caught the Saturday Edition breakfast show for the first time with the new set. It looks lovely. Probably my favourite “couch set” on TV right now - clean and ultra modern.

I can also see this format bubbling for potential long term growth.

Anyone have any caps or videos of the new set?

No idea how to cap (anyone?) but here’s a few from social media. What you don’t see here is the main two shot, which is particularly nice.

2 Likes