Sky News

It’s a Facebook live show 8-9 Wednesday. The payments are for the website membership coming soon.

Wouldn’t Sky News own the “Outsiders” name?

1 Like

not “Mark Latham’s Outsiders”

1 Like

The mic

2 Likes

Why is that a man is standing and a woman is sitting down? What is the dominance crap that have at sky News? Not a bif fan of that. You either get the host a chair or make them both stand. I don’t particular like the fact that a woman is sitting down while the host is hovering over her.

2 Likes

The prick saracastically replied to a question about the mic saying “because it’s a talk show” in a real condescending tone. He’s just a massive asshole.

3 Likes

I thought it was just a prop. It can’t be for any practical purpose because in those caps posted by TV Cynic above, he’s clearly got a lapel mic on!

3 Likes

I like this line up.

the thing about sky is that when they do straight news (no opinion) - they do this well. a good example is the coverage they do of various election nights.

give me the following on sky and i’ll tune back in - a good straight news morning show and the same at night - a straight news late night bulletin similar to the old nightline that 9 used to have.

at the moment for local news i either listen to ABC newsradio or watch news24 and for international news it’s CNN all the way.

1 Like

Looks stupid doesn’t achieve anything. Plus it looks like a cheap microphone. The ones in the Paul Henry/ AM show studio cost $500+ each.

2 Likes

Is that David Letterman?

1 Like

He’s trying to look like Larry King, sadly his intelligence level is more akin to a pre-schooler.

2 Likes

I noticed when grabbing those caps that there was discussion of the Four corners story on One Nation where ABC video was shown but PM couldn’t bring himself to say “ABC” referring instead to “Channel 2”!

1 Like

He always does this. It is so juvenile. I am not sure what the reasoning is though? It sounds ridiculous.

Is it possibly an age thing? I noticed Denise Drysdale called it Channel 2 the other day as well. I can remember my elderly neighbours did that too. Are people of a certain vintage inclined to call it Channel 2?

1 Like

I usually say Channel 2.Have done twice today. “Did you see the Comedy Festival Gala on Sunday night? There’s another one this week on Channel 2” and “Did you see the star gazing thing on Channel 2 last night?” Both to different people, I think they understood what I meant.

Oh well, guess I’m old now.

1 Like

Paul Murray is younger than me. I haven’t referred to the channel as anything other than the ABC since the days we had a television with a dial knob which we turned to 5A (the local ABC station) to watch Play School and repeats of Adventure Island.

1 Like

PM is a paid television presenter providing commentary on a TV program that Sky is showing material from. It’s not a chat between friends about what’s on TV last night. He should be able to describe the source of the material correctly. How old is he anyway?

A couple more caps:

Doesn’t seem to be working.

Maybe we should rename this thread “Channel 601 News”?

4 Likes

Luckily we can always turn to FTA channels for quality reporting :rolling_eyes:

6 Likes