Sky News

Would be good for First Edition

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s the same set for PM live but they just added a couch

Outsiders has been dropped from Sky’s schedule according to Mumbrella, as the result of Mark Latham’s sacking. It has been replaced by an extra half hour of Weekend Live with Ahron Young. Outsiders has to be the shortest-running program in Sky’s history (how many episodes were shown in total?).

2 Likes

Oh no where are we going to hear those other two fuckwits spout their ill informed right wing bile? Oh that’s right …on all the other programs that have these two dickheads on air.

Rowan Dean just yells over the top of anyone who disagrees with him. And that Ross Cameron is a complete arrogant wanker.

2 Likes

Like Mark Latham, I don’t think that Outsiders will be a particularly massive loss to Sky News’ lineup.

Now, for Paul Murray Live and The Bolt Report to go the same way…

4 Likes

Would be good if they did First Edition like Saturday Edition and NOT have KG in Canberra but in studio and have sports presenters all join them even weather… bit like Sunrise on Sky UK.

Wish the channel had more news programs like this and ditch all their political commentary shit. Its Sky News not Sky Parliament.

2 Likes

Why would you axe a network’s highest rated (by far) two shows?

They are opinion debate shows. I’m not sure they are disgraces to journalism. They are not ABC News, 7.30 or 60 Minute sure - but neither is Sunrise, TT, ACA or Today.

And if you were the CEO of Sky News - and you saw the biggest ratings in your 20 year history coming in every morning with Bolt and PML - would you really go to your board and say “I wanna axe these shows”?

2 Likes

Of course not but he’s entitled to his own opinion about the quality of the content. Remember, Married At First Sight has been the number one show in Australia for a few weeks this year. Doesn’t mean it’s a quality show, by any means. :stuck_out_tongue:

And if those hosts slip up in the way Latham did, ratings won’t help them from being out on their arses too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Outsiders was the 2nd highest rating program on Sky News. The plans were also to move the program to the 6-7pm time slot.

Why are they disgraces to journalism?

Sky News this morning at 7:45am:

“The flood waters in northern NSW are residing”

I think the work should be “receding”

Has Sky News merged with the 2GB newsroom?

1 Like

They are both opinion shows and they say that they are also. I am not the biggest fan of either but they don’t claim to be journalist. It’s similar to how a _news_paper has an opinion section.

Can you give an example of these lies? (Or are you spreading an example of, dare I say, “fake news”?)

Nah, I think that was Hadley! hosted by 2GB’s Ray Hadley in 2010. 4 episodes made.

1 Like

I seem to recall the figures being very small actually.

Exactly. Well said.

There’s a time and place for programs like Paul Murray Live and The Bolt Report (regardless of which way they lean towards politically), but not on what is supposed to be a news channel.

I am not defending Bolt and Murray by any means but any news channel is likely to have a programming component of opinion particularly when Sky has 24 hours to fill.

Newspapers have been running opinion columns forever and essentially that’s all Bolt and Murray are doing on Sky.

1 Like

Is there a market for a news channel on Australian Pay TV? Probably not, so why not go and seek Bolt’s cult like followers. I dip in and out of his blog occasionally and over the years he has become more and more delusional and just a hater of well, pretty much everything.

Why not? There had been since inception.