Sky News

There is the old Your Money set that Fox Sports News uses currently. They’ll probably have to add an extra set of two.

2 Likes

Often when a TV station moves into a place not previously used for TV, they’ll construct studios.

1 Like
5 Likes

Sky News Australia has been exposed by fact checkers for showing incorrect footage.

The cable news network showed a rally of Gaza supporters in Lyon waving Palestinian flags, claiming it was left-wing French supporters celebrating victory in recent elections.

The error was also shown on France 24

1 Like

When do NBC see the brand being tarnished and value that over the license fee?

I am surprised they haven’t acted on it yet. You’d think they’d be better to just switch to Fox News branding, for everyone’s sake.

3 Likes

The problem is that they know the FN brand is tarnished and wouldn’t work here.

Sky News brand is also tarnished, and given their demographic, Fox News as a brand, on Foxtel, as part of Newscorp, is probably fairly appropriate I’d have thought.

I’m talking more internationally. Their YT audience mistake Sky as Sky and I think that helps with their “credibility”. Most people can’t pick if someone is Aussie or a Brit.

1 Like

yeah good point.
but then again, adds more to why Sky/NBC wouldn’t want that name tarnished.
I wonder how long the contract has to go?

1 Like

I am also surprised Comcast hasn’t acted but perhaps there’s a long term agreement still in place.

I assume they’d change to ANC or Australian News Channel which is their business name.

3 Likes

I believe there was a deal done a few years back to keep the name. But I’m sure this we’ll be up for renewal soon.

2 Likes

The picture quality on Sky just absolutely crashed and now they’ve faded up Fox News live.

1 Like

Believe they’re having issues due to a Microsoft outage, same for ABC.

2 Likes

Sky just came back on air, with an update from their newsroom.

Reporter was sitting at his desk, talking about the outage for themselves and others. Now it’s looping over and over.

1 Like

Giving an update - keeps repeating

1 Like

From quickly scrolling through Flash, looks like they had a bit of dead air at the end of a live interview post-Trump speech, went to an ad break, then quickly to Fox, then back to Afternoon Agenda (see above)

During a Joe Hockey interview they tried to throw to a Trump grab but then as you say, went to Fox

1 Like

Sky goes off air:

3 Likes

Sky first outage loop (they’ve just replaced it with a second loop, which i’m nabbing now)

2 Likes
3 Likes