Sky News

Lol a 15 minute bulletin once a week. Hardly a replacement.

And yeah there is no mention of whether this will actually air in NZ.

3 Likes

Sky News in NZ don’t opt out for anything anymore so I presume this will air in NZ.

3 Likes

Unexpectedly, it’ll debut tomorrow. But it’ll only air on the Sky (NZ)/Foxtel (AU) channels I assume, not Sky Open?

1 Like

1 Like

Alright, so that confirms it has nothing to do with Sky Open then.

7 Likes

Nothing to do with Sky Open. Sky NZ is a completely separate company to Sky News Australia (IMO the latter has no business using the Sky News name, but we’ve had that discussion many times…)

Strange that it’s only 15 minutes a week. I get why (isn’t Jack essentially a one man NZ bureau?) but on the face of it, it seems odd. I know it’s a small country, but not that small… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

My guess it’s basically just a short roundup of NZ political news with not much depth made primarily for Australian audiences and YouTube. Nothing new.

1 Like

It is quite apparent in the subtext of the presenting and scripting during dayside programming that they lean to the extreme right. The modality of the word choice, hyperbolic phrasing, intonation in the presenting demonstrates the lack of balance in the dayside programming. Often it is what is omitted or implied that can be the tell. If you add all that to the angles they choose to cover stories then you get typical news limited crap.

3 Likes

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/apology-to-keegan-payne/news-story/1cb89fe61bc627da77b7ee7a9e85ffe3

On Wednesday 1 May 2024, Sky News Australia broadcast a live interview of Keegan Payne by Peter Stefanovic on First Edition. The interview concerned Mr Payne’s win in the Northern Territory’s Million Dollar Fish Competition.

During the interview Mr Stefanovic asked Mr Payne questions about claims he had been involved in the theft of a Polaris Ranger and Polaris Quad from his former employer in 2021.

Mr Payne confirmed the claims and apologised to his former employer on-air. Mr Payne’s former employer subsequently told Sky News Australia that he did not proceed with police charges and had accepted Mr Payne’s apology.

Sky News Australia and Peter Stefanovic apologise to Mr Payne and his family for raising these claims during the live interview about his million dollar win in the fishing competition.

Mr Stefanovic has reached out to Mr Payne and his family directly to convey his apology.

For some reason it has not (yet) been posted to Sky News Australia Twitter’s 698,000 followers

3 Likes

Someone was going to find it and run it - Sky probably wasn’t my first guess

2 Likes

Seven probably wouldn’t be game these days :wink:

Daily Mail would’ve run it.

It’s all worked out in the end.

2 Likes

15 mins a week, shit name, shit timeslot and day. Not going to offer much context or detail, will it? Why bother?

2 Likes

Never Again: The Fight Against Antisemitism premieres on Sky News on Tuesday, May 28 at 7pm AEST.

1 Like

So turns out that it was comments on a Sportsbet facebook post that probably tipped the media off:

After Payne caught the big one, Evans scooted up to Darwin last week, handing him a massive novelty cheque. The pics were uploaded to Facebook, leading to a family member of the vehicles’ owner to claim in the comments Payne should have the “integrity” to replace the vehicles. That (naturally) set local media off to the races. The alleged incident was three years ago and Payne was never charged by police.

Anyone actually watched this?

I have to say, all the conspiracy theory bots and spam posted on Sky News Facebook it not a good look, if you are reading this Sky News, you should be moderating your comments section.

If Sky ever did that I’d be looking for airborne swines.

1 Like

God Sophie Elsworth :face_with_spiral_eyes: :joy:

https://x.com/FootscraysFine1/status/1792871801204191664?t=mOXEilSBw0Wq_-E-AVp0lA&s=19

1 Like

Not much here bar a slowed down edited video that’s trying to make her appear intoxicated?

5 Likes