Sky News

The Age’s review of Chris Kenny special Your ABC Exposed, which aired last night.

Foxtel Guide has program listings for this week in Piers Morgan’s Absence
9pm Monday: Rita Panahi
9pm Tuesday-Thursday: Repeat of the “Trump Unprecedented” documentary
9pm Friday: Gary Hardgrave is back in his old timeslot

The following week still has Piers Morgan listed, however Rowan Dean has been tweeting that he will have a new show starting 9pm Tuesday August 9 “The World According to Rowan Dean”.

1 Like

So Piers has five weeks off. I doubt we’ll see him back in the 9pm slot on Sky again.

They might move him to midnight. Or just make him available on demand and on Sky News Extra.

2 Likes

Or they should just make TalkTV available on Flash.

I’d say it’s contractual he has that slot. If not the move would have happened by now.

Jeremy Kyle is filling in for Piers. Don’t know if Australia is getting these episodes though.

2 Likes

You can watch it via the TalkTV YouTube Live Feed at 5am AEST.

1 Like

Dean, dean, dean…Now that’s an ear worm promo…

Rowan Dean seem to have been given the 9pm slot for a few weeks.

Never thought I would say this…but bring back Piers early please.

1 Like

Media Watch reported that Sky News bosses have been summoned to meet with Sky UK shortly.

3 Likes

Pull your head in or lose the branding?

3 Likes

I thought News corp own Sky Aus fully now not Comcast?

Yes that’s always been the case. They just rent the branding. Comcast and any predecessor has never had anything to do with the “Australian News Channel”.

1 Like

I’m actually hoping that Comcast will revoke SNA’s rights to use the Sky News branding tbh

3 Likes

Im surprised Comcast has (still) allowed it to continue.

2 Likes

They’re paying for it so that would be the only reason why.

They could just call themselves ‘News Australia’ or ‘Fox News Australia’

The thing with this is that Australians would associate it with the pure filth that the US Fox News is.

This sounds like the corporate name too much.

And also it would confuse American viewers of Sky Australia (yes, they do exist - it has quite the following among right-wing types over there). If they do have to get rid of the ‘Sky’ brand (and I hope they do) I expect they’ll come up with a completely new brand.

1 Like

i hear the OAN name is available now :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are already legally the Australian News Channel (ANC). They could use The Australian newspaper as a tie in to rebrand.

2 Likes