Sky News

Another breaking news show that will be 16 hours old before it airs in Australia tomorrow night.

1 Like

If the show doesn’t get pre-empted tomorrow night, it’ll be interesting to see how Sky handles airing it considering it’ll be a special two-hour edition:

2 Likes

According to today’s Daily Telegraph, Erin Molan will host her own show Erin, which starts Sunday June 19 at 7pm AEST, taking over from Sharri Markson’s Sharri while she is on maternity leave.

1 Like

nice to see they are imaginative with the titles

5 Likes

it’ll have a fresh new format too I bet, complete with monologues to camera, and interviews with other Sky News presenters.

8 Likes

I envisioned Erin talking about herself for an hour.

She keeps getting these high profile opportunities but has she ever really been popular with audiences?

9 Likes

Dear god!! How can this network sink any further with such programming.

No.

1 Like

I think a test pattern would be far more entertaining.

1 Like

Is this replacing Ellen?

I hope no one disagrees with her on the show.

What?

That’s all her appearances on Sky have been, whining about twitter trolls.

3 Likes

Well, if nothing else, she’ll surely provide plenty of fodder for Friendlyjordies to mock!

What is one of them?

Half page ad in News Corp papers this week promoting Piers Morgan Uncensored.
clipping0

Exact same ad as the UK ones. They really need to ditch the Sky News name it makes no sense these days, Comcast surely wouldn’t be comfortable with them using it for a service so different to theirs.

2 Likes

Agree, unless the licensing fee is significant enough to tolerate what it’s doing to the name, Comcast should call it in.

I don’t think anyone at Comcast or even Sky News UK really cares.

I don’t really see the two different brands Under the one name confusing viewers or causing any harm for the flagship UK service

I’m not sure News Corp would want to give up the sky News brand either.

It’s well known, very successful and very clearly defined

It’s a powerful brand in Australia

3 Likes

Sky News Australia videos proliferate YouTube and the like, it would definitely be inferring the brand is the same in the UK.