Sky News

That might be the case but he’s just shit person and some Neanderthal with his vile opinions.

1 Like

I think the issue he’s not providing a different point of view.

The “difference” in views after 6pm on Sky would be nuanced at best, it’s all very same same.

I agree, we in that we shouldn’t be cancelling people, and it’s good to hear varying opinions, but I’m not seeing the variance.

I do object to people who present themselves as a “straight shooter who cuts through the BS” as always seem to be cutting the same way.

1 Like

You got Nicholas Reece and Graham Richardson. Other names also appear from time to time.

This is the right wing version of the left’s Q&A.

He’s leaning more towards the right these days.

1 Like

still his DNA is in the Labor movement - I think the show is great when they have Pauline or Bronwyn on!

Problem is when they do appear, it’s to be the ‘token Leftie’ so that Sky can claim they aren’t completely biased. For example, they’re pretty much always outnumbered on Paul Murray Live panels

2 Likes

Yeah, because Q&A runs for five hours, five nights a week. :roll_eyes:

Does Paul Murray still have that nut job Mark Latham on his show from time to time?

Agree, I think any left leaning person would be equally reluctant to claim Graham Richardson, as any right leaning person would be to claim Malcolm Turnbull or John Hewson.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand, Paul Murray does appear comfortable with where he is, and presents accordingly, there are a couple that still don’t look comfortable in a broadcast format. Peta Credlin and Rita Panahi really needed to put some more practice time in.

3 Likes

The worst one is Peter Gleeson, he is the absolute worst, has no presence and poor presenting skills.

2 Likes

True though Peta Credlin is one of Australia’s best political minds, what she lacks in presentation she makes up for with her nuance.

Credlin is rapidly blinking in this talk to Jones a couple of weeks ago. I’ve rarely seen anyone continuously blink that fast.

Lying, arrogance, and flirting are suggested as possible explanations for rapid blinking in these articles:

1 Like

exactly. why doesn’t sky give Jordan Shanks (Friendlyjordies) an hour a week if they really valued “different views” - but we know that won’t happen.

Credlin has the sort of expression that if she held it too long in a hospital they would switch her off. she’s not natural in front of a camera. she stumbles and bumbles her way though her script and it really puts me off.

True, her ability to read the political wind is impressive.

There’s a case to say she was actually prime minister, not Abbott, he was merely the puppet.

As far as media career goes, she’d be way better as an analyst than a host.

To be fair if I’d be wearing sunglasses if I was speaking to someone wearing a hi vis tailored suit like that.

That aside, wouldn’t surprise me if Credlin’s and Bolt’s presentation is of some appeal to Sky’s audience. Like they’re just an ordinary person from suburban Melbourne railing against the government.

Andrew Bolt has plans to broadcast his Sky News program from home, with the Melbourne house he owns with his wife coming up for sale and his country home having been demolished ready for a new house to be built. COVID-19 has delayed the rebuild.

1 Like

That’ll be fun…given what he’s said about them in the past…

2 Likes

I’d agree, every body deserves a voice.

4 Likes

Paulys out in the region’s tonight.