Sky News

Haha. Love it. Nine owns 2GB though…

One Nation News?

News For Whitey.

He has been copying Jones for years with the huffs and tisks.

1 Like

Given the amount of news vs opinion, News Limited or Limited News would work as a new name

1 Like

I reckon they might want to do that. Yesterday during the 30 Rock special (which also acted as a televised upfront for NBC Universal), NBC News debuted a new promo. What was striking about it was that even though it was for a domestic US audience, the promo tied in Sky News with the NBC News banner:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1283931966220447747

This comes in the same week Sky News became available to a wider audience in the US by being included as one of the channels on the new Peacock service. If NBC continues going down the path of closely aligning NBC News and Sky News together, reckon the last thing they would want is for the latter to be dogged by it’s Australian counterpart

5 Likes

Wonder if Fetch would add Sky News UK to its service it has MSNBC and CNBC

3 Likes

Sky News UK is also available on YouTube

4 Likes

Chris was on every night I think. I caught a few minutes of most night.

Tonight Cory Bernadi is filling in for Paul Murray.

Yes I can kinda see the writing on the wall for the Sky News brand in Australia. It’s not even remotely similar to the Comcast family of news channels

And I would argue the Channels brand In Oz is very strong and defined by their programming. Not the name. The name just makes you think of the product. They could change it successfully

3 Likes

Its 357 not 537 Sky!!

6 Likes

“whoops”

4 Likes

Paul Murray is on the Gold Coast at Kurrawa Surf Club tonight. I’ll say this in his favour, he is getting out there doing a lot of outside broadcasts. A pity about the content of program.

5 Likes

Whoopsies, which one of you left the mic on the dandemic piece :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

Minor graphics change on Sky News Weather this week. The ticker changed from a scrolling list of current temperatures plus capital city forecasts, to a flipper of two-day forecasts from around the country.

An example of the old ticker from a couple years ago

(The most recent ticker was similar but had the style of the current graphics package. This was from an old graphics package)

And the new flipper on Monday evening

7 Likes

Almost getting back to looking decent as it did when it was The Weather Channel

2 Likes

Good to see some investment however small it is.

Can we please get one straight flagship news show between 5pm and 11pm?

3 Likes

Just because they have news in the name of the channel doesn’t mean they are obliged to broadcast news. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like