Sky News

Sky News Election Channel still going. Hurry up and change it to Sky News UK HD.

3 Likes

Now Paul Murray, who clearly doesn’t get enough airtime already will host a breakfast show Saturdays 7-10am. PVO will do Sundays 7-10am.

Jaynie Seal joins Paul Murray on Saturday and Peter van Onselen on Sunday.

it’s not even showing Sky UK in HD… it’s so bloody blurry you can hardly read the tickers.

Sky never fails to disappoint…presenting sportslone from rio…looks like a live stream internet camera is being used. Woeful.

4 Likes

It looks so blurry you can hardly see the sportsline presenter’s face.

Nine has now changed its stance on selling it’s stake in Sky News and is now prepared to sell if they get a “trailing content fee”. Negotiations are on hold at during the Olympics, says The Australian.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/media-diary/antony-catalano-in-race-to-lead-fairfax-2ues-overhaul/news-story/d75535c266bedd3fe6b7d0fecb1829d8

Wheres the news at on this channel? I see none. Maybe its about time they just started calling it Australian Agenda.

Nothing worse than having to old men sitting awkwardly on hideous computer chairs not even proper stalls, not even properly positioned with desk in frame. Useless.

And if Sky is guna have every set full of vertical screens atleast properly align the camera with them and have the guest/presenter directly in the middle. Idk if that makes sense but big ocd for mem same goes for main screens with desk. AND STOP USING SHITY LOOPS FOR BACKGROUND YOU FOUND ON STOCK IMAGERY WEBSITESC FOR YOUR PROGRAMMES. And dont make your own. So ugly. All of it.

Rant over.

1 Like

Nine and Sky UK are understood to have agreed to sell their stakes in Sky News with Seven and News Corp expected to emerge with 50% each in a joint venture, The Australian is reporting. A deal is expected soon.

Bring on Twenty Four/7

I wonder if Nine and Sky UK are planning their own news channel for Foxtel, or will Sky UK stop broadcasting on Foxtel altogether?

The worst commercial TV news service and the worst print/online news outlet coming together for a new/relaunched 24 hour news channel. That sounds absolutely fantastic…NOT!

Somehow I think that we would be more likely to see Nine launch it’s own news channel (Side note: if a “Nine News Channel” were to ever launch, I’d probably watch it all the time!) rather than teaming up with Sky UK for one. And they would probably put it on free to air as well as Foxtel.

With this resent news, we might even see Sky News on free to air soon.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:194, topic:591”]
The worst commercial TV news service and the worst print/online news outlet coming together for a new/relaunched 24 hour news channel. That sounds absolutely fantastic…NOT![/quote]
Putting aside what people think about Seven & particularly News Corp, the joint venture would without a doubt make Sky News (or whatever it’s called) a much better product than what it currently is.

I discussed this in a post before (not sure whether it was here or on the old forum) but there would be benefits for both organizations. Sky’s reporting capabilities will immediately be boosted by being able to utilize Seven News reporters for stories instead of having to rely upon the one or two reporters they have in each state/territory. As for Seven, there would be cross-promotional opportunities to have some of Sky’s reporters like David Speers and pundits (again putting aside what you think about their political leanings) appear and contribute to programs like Sunrise.

2 Likes

They already use them

Isn’t that just limited to running reports they file for the bulletins though?

Probably not. Seven’s spectrum is already pretty full up and they don’t seem keen on using MPEG-4 for SD channels yet.

1 Like

Ah okay, but I still think this is unlikely. Seven reporters already have a lot of news bulletins to front on Seven across the day. I doubt Seven would be willing to spend $$$ on more resources just to appease Sky. They barely spend $$$ on their own product.

1 Like

Seven News/Sunrise reporter Sophie Hull was reading news updates on Sky News last night (Wednesday 14th) before Paul Murray Live. Paul said “welcome to Sky News” so wondering if the move is permanent?

I’m currently in Singapore and Sky News UK via Singtel’s Mio TV looks fantastic in crystal clear HD, much better than how Sky News Australia currently broadcast Sky UK.