Sky News

Corrupt ex-politician live from a coal mine. Doesn’t get more Sky News Australia than that!

6 Likes

This was prerecorded quite a few months ago from what I recalled.

2 Likes

April - Chris Smith heads 280m underground at Airly Coal Mine - YouTube

They’ve even monogrammed Chris’ hi-viz with his name and the Sky News logo (also looks like they’ve rubbed coal dust on it too) :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Adds to the impression he was down there doing work, and didn’t arrive down there 2 minutes before air and left as soon as cut was called!

1 Like

Would almost make more sense to have Sky and Fox all under the same brand…

Sky News refreshed line-up for 2022:

• Joe Hildebrand hosts weekly political quiz show The Blame Game airing at 8.30pm Fridays.

• Business Now with Ross Greenwood airing Monday to Friday at 4.30pm.

• Paul Murray moves to 8pm Sunday to Thursday.

• The Front Page will air nightly at the earlier time of 10.30pm.

• Rita Panahi will occupy the 9.30pm Monday to Thursday until the new Piers Morgan show starts later in the year. Her show will air Monday only when Morgan starts.

• Nothing specific about what Erin Molan will be doing other than being a “prime-time contributor”.

1 Like

So Paul Murray at 8 into Piers at 930?

Correct.

I wonder why they couldn’t just leave Paul’s show at two hours then have Rita/Piers, start at 10pm? What’s going to air at 11.30pm, after The Front Page?

Herald Sun also confirms that Erin Molan will present an online safety documentary. Peta Credlin will helm a documentary revealing what goes on behind the scenes as the political parties hit the campaign trail, as Australia gears up for the 2022 Federal Election. Another anticipated doco at Sky is MH370: The Final Search, a follow up to Peter Stefanovic’s MH370: The Untold Story.

Weekly agenda:

1. Bag the Labor party
  2. Bash and drown the ‘loony’ Greens
  3. Hound anyone that dares to point their fingers at Scomo, Dutton and co.
  4. Attack anyone who is of ‘the left’, also known to Sky News as The Guardian and the ABC.
  5. Somehow it’s Labor’s fault for the economic damage caused by COVID and when one of Scomo’s staff couldn’t resist.
  6. Apparently the Greens are causing civil ujnrest and One Nation is the true underdog that unites Australia.
7 Likes

This thread is a parody thread right? Lols. No one is watching?

2 Likes

Guess this means they’ve dropped The McGregor Angle. Was on Fridays at 8:30.

I also see they’ve dropped Rita Panahi’s Friday Showdown program she did with Deputy Lord Mayor Nicholas Reece on Fridays at 4pm.

Oh Troiboi, you clearly don’t know me well enough!! I’m counting down the days until Credlin, Bolt, Panahi etc. return :joy: Lol, but in all seriousness, I usually tune into each Sky program once during the week and other days watch the more serious news bulletins on free to air.

Serious Q. Why do you watch? Do you enjoy their takes on things? Themselves as personalities? From a media review interest perspective? Curious to know.

I don’t agree with everything these Sky presenters say, but the reason I tune in to their shows maybe once or twice a week is to hear their perspective and opinions on various issues given the credentials some of them have. I respect that they’re not afraid to give their opinions.

Their on screen presence and personalities, in particular Paul Murray who can always have a good laugh on his program, actually makes it quite enjoyable and relaxing.

But to get some balance, I’ll still watch Seven News or Nine News most nights. I’ll give Sky credit for their presentation and sets, basic yet very neat.

1 Like

I like to watch Sky as I lean centre right. I like their take on some things. Not a PM fan.

I also really like New York Times and CNN

I like to hear left and right arguments and I normally sit in the middle somewhere. I hate far right and hate far left. I watch some Fox News too. When Fox goes off on Obama and Biden it turns me off. But I enjoy hearing the way the cover some other things. I also appreciate that Fox can be quite dangerous for middle America.

I really like 730 Report but Not such a fan of other ABC News offerings. They’re too left for me. It all feels too woke and politically correct for me.

But then I really enjoy NY Times and that’s quite left

I’d say I consume 60% right meaning media, 40% left.

Sky is definitely in my staple. But I don’t go there for news or info or breaking news. I go there for analysis and opinion

SMH is my go to for news. And CNN.

I can watch Rachel madow and agree with a lot. Then I can watch tucker Carlson and agree with a. Lot. I’m somewhere in the middle

12 Likes

Yep I couldn’t have put it better myself. I do think sometimes our own biases can cloud a bit. I’m a leftie but feel almost as if the ABC panel shows have to counter the abundance of attention grabbing the right-wing outlets are good at. Being educated & consciously aware is the only way. I know the difference between One America News & Newsmax compared to SBS or PBS but does your average joe?

1 Like

The Front Page is only Half an Hour. I assume NewsNight at 11pm and then after it either repeats that hour at Midnight or switches to Sky UK until 5.30am.

2 Likes

I thought you were doing a parody post when I read that.

4 Likes

Flipping 25 years graphic:

4 Likes
3 Likes