Sky News Regional

It’s aired on Channel 53/56 FTA every morning - so yes.

I mean the main 10 channel

1 Like

SCA 10 stations take metro 10 programs from 6-9 am on weekdays. WIN used to carry “Headline News” (which was a Sky News production) before Studio 10 when they were affiliated with 10.

1 Like

Thanks, they may as well take it next year with 10 not offering anything there.

1 Like

Why bother though? Wouldn’t that waste infomercial time?

Doesn’t make sense when SCA love to just be a tv relay.

What happens in Northern NSW?

1 Like

I’d assume that WIN carries 10 programming direct from Sydney on weekdays now just as SCA 10 stations or any other 10 affiliate does with their respective 10 O&O station.

2 Likes

It does, WIN is now almost an SCA clone with the new agreement. No money to spend on being a local operator.

1 Like

Would be cool to see some innovation in the space:
SCA and Sky team up to create some joint programming

Something like a breakfast show and perhaps a early prime show on Sky News’ FTA feed

Dual branding, (not sure they would be allowed to use the 10 brand) but combine resources of SCA radio local news rooms for some content / live crosses

Do a 3 hour breakfast show 6am - 9am and maybe a 30 minute news show at 6 to simulcast on both Sky News’ FTA channel and SCA’s flagship 10 channel

“Sky News Breakfast on 10”
“Sky News on 10”

There’s no incentive for either here…

SCA spends as little as they can…They syndicated their regional breakfast radio shows! They’re not going to outlay costs for a TV affiliation they’re essentially stuck with.

For Sky, their Primetime opinion is their bread and butter. Inserting something else into that, even just for the regional feed, just makes no sense.

Sky does seem to run a bespoke breakfast show for the regional feed. It would be possible for Win to simulcast that on the main channel but depends what their affiliate agreement with 10 allows.

1 Like

That’s what I’m talking about.

They already do it.

Why would WIN carry it?

SCA carries Sky News on their multiplex not WIN, no?

1 Like

WIN carries it in markets where they hold the Ten affiliation (like Northern NSW)

1 Like

Oh thanks!

I didn’t realise that both WIN and SCA carried Sky News On their multis

1 Like

and in Tasmania none of them carry it. Not on TDT, SCA or WIN.

1 Like

and that’s because there must be a clause in SCA’s contract with Seven forbidding SCA to carry Sky News Regional in Tasmania, Remote Central and GTS/BKN areas.

2 Likes

Ahhh, interesting. I didn’t know that was the reason. I guess that’s why it’s not on the TDT mux thenas well.

1 Like