Sky News Regional

I doubt that SCA cares enough about regional television to notice something like that.

6 Likes

I don’t know if this is a permanent thing or a holiday thing but it looks like Sky News regional has dropped all blocks from Fox Sports News. From what I can see they are close to a straight Sky News Australia simulcast now. 9am to midnight same as Sky News (unless they still have extra repeated programing which I missed). Only thing different in the schedule is overnight repeats (which is when Sky News Aust is showing Sky News UK and the Sky News Breakfast (which is also shown on Sky News Weather)

In previous years the schedule was opposite this time of year with most Sky programming being replaced with Fox Sports News. Their was always questions of Sky News Regional (on Win) showing news blocks from Sky because of the shared resources from 7 & 9 I wonder if something has changed

1 Like

I understand Seven never wanted their content out on the Regional channel (Nine didn’t care as much) and now the vision contract has lapsed with Seven for the main channel so it’s easier for content to be cleared for the Regional channel.

1 Like

Who is the Mon/Tue presenter for Regional Breakfast?

Lucy Polkinghorne

Just checked LCN 56, and it appears SNR has the Live branding, but no watermark. I wonder if this was expanded to regular Sky News on Foxtel.

I’d say it’s a glitch. They usually cover up the logo and/or ticker for Regional, Now, .com.au and Australia Channel.

2 Likes

How does Sky News on Foxtel differ to Sky News Regional? What’s the current difference of program schedules?

2 Likes

You can compare the schedules of all the Sky News channels here: Australian TV Guide - XMLEPG

2 Likes

That compares a closed Sky News on WIN to Regional.

1 Like

It’s not all that different anymore, certainly less Fox Sports News content (the weekend may differ); the main difference is it still takes the breakfast show simulcast with Sky News Weather (ie. ch603) rather than First Edition.

An example of yesterday (Thursday 14th - I am giving today a pass as Barry Humphries’ memorial pre-empted morning content), sorry it’s not in a grid:

• 5am Fox Sports News (Sky News UK makes way for First Edition on the main channel at 5.30)
  • 6am Simulcast with Sky News Weather’s Breakfast show
  • 9am Fox Sports News (cutting out an hour of AM Agenda)
  • 10am AM Agenda (simulcast)
  • 11am Newsday (simulcast)
    • * 1pm hour of Newsday replaced by After Dark show replay (early evening one like Sharri or Credlin, it’s not consistent)
  • 2pm Afternoon Agenda (simulcast)
    • * 3pm hour of AA replaced by After Dark show replay (usually Chris Kenny Tonight)
  • 4pm-12am as per Sky News (with AA, Business Now at 4.30, the After Dark shows from 5pm-11pm and Piers Morgan’s TalkTV show at 11pm)
  • 12am-5am After Dark replays (replacing Newsnight and Sky News UK simulcast)

Notably, the breakaways with “*” are being rested as of next week, and they are just simulcasting Newsday and AA throughout - is it a school holiday thing? :sweat_smile: Notably that means it’ll be a full simulcast of the main channel from 10am through midnight, instead of having those two replay cutaways.

1 Like

isn’t it technically the Sky News Regional breakfast show that’s simulcast on Sky News Weather?

1 Like

From what I gather Sky News Now is the same as Sky News regional, all the same breakaway for FSN and after dark replays the only exception I have found is Now shows Sky News First Edition instead of Sky News Breakfast

2 Likes

Indeed. I should probably remove it.

1 Like

Yeah, quite probably, as a metro resident I’m probably not fit to tell the difference though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What is the point of Sky News Breakfast? Is it just First Edition with different heads, and regionals in the weather forecast instead?

1 Like

Is it because First Editon still uses 9 and 7 content? So can’t be shown on FTA.

1 Like

Sky don’t use 7 content - haven’t done so for a while now. Regional/Breakfast is allowed to use 9 content. Purpose of Breakfast is part of contract with WIN to air a show with regional content/catered to the regions.

1 Like

I think it’s the other way around isn’t it? It’s Weather that simulcasts the breakfast show made for Regional?

3 Likes

Leo already asked that question of me :slight_smile:

precis: “yes probably”, as it wouldn’t be on SN Weather if Regional didn’t exist :slight_smile: