Site Future

True. We can always start another “insider” account to go along with readitfirst to drip feed rumours from one of the other networks to keep things ticking along.

6 Likes

Someone needs to get in touch with Firetorch and beg him to start contributing again in order to generate some traffic to the “Spy Lounge”and “Spectrum”. Those sections have been far too quiet since FT took that job ghost writing opinion pieces for News Corp publications. The usual suspects will take the bait and I do enjoy watching Matlock develop his debating skills.

6 Likes

We should offer Matlock and Firetorch staff roles (not telling the other of course) to bring some much needed excitement to the ModHut.

Will also help in a transition if we all need to jump ship.

5 Likes

I’ll be late for the Skype chat tonight guys. I’ll text someone when I have a rough idea of when I can join.

If it’s not too much trouble, could I add MediaSpy Awards to the agenda? If we’re about to shut up shop it would be nice to go out on a high.

4 Likes

Would be nice to have one last awards. I have Luke up for about five if we use the old format.

3 Likes

I still can’t believe nobody has called “lukemovieman” as a troll account yet, despite the increasingly ridiculous posts you come up with @OnAir :joy::joy:

I almost think it would be cruel to spill the beans at this point - “Luke” has become ingrained in the board.

4 Likes

Some days I think the research I do on classification details from a country I don’t live in is over the top, but I do get a laugh out of it.

1 Like

I enjoy a joke as much as the next guy, but having “Luke” say that S10 is the best of the Simpsons was just too far, brah

3 Likes

It’s a slow day at work so I needed some entertainment. I mean, it’s probably in my own top 10 (10th).

Surprised you didn’t draw the line at complaining to the ACMA. Showing true dedication to the character there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t forget about tonights Skype catchup - I know you’re all desperate to watch AFLX, but more important things need to be discussed!

I’m a New Zealander and I like normal sports.

I didn’t realise they did sheep dog trials at night, under lights in New Zealand.

1 Like

but its AFL TO THE XTREME

1 Like

Ewe and me both.

2 Likes

Just FYI guys, I’ve got a fairly intense couple of months of work coming up so I’ve sidelined the Luke account for now. I figured I didn’t want his account to be left dormant for an indeterminate period of time given how integral he’s become to the board’s fabric.

I’ll obviously still be around in the Mod thread on this account and for our discussions re: what is going with the site. (Did you get a response from that email you were talking about on Skype the other night @bacco007 ?)

And if anyone from outside staff is suspecting me of being Luke, I am also in denial mode today:

1 Like

Yeah, its resulted in some interesting discussions thats for sure

2 Likes

Understandable. The post frequency of the Luke account has increased so much recently and I can’t imagine how much of your time it was taking up. Looking forward to seeing what direction we take the account in when we eventually resurrect it.

2 Likes

Must have felt good posting in all-caps-rage to the chief. I should try that one day :joy:

2 Likes

My PMs are always open :slight_smile:

1 Like