Sisters

Hopefully Ten and the other networks will take note and realise audiences have had enough of the female skewed dramas that all look the same.

1 Like

Well with their offerings for next year I would say they are.

They should have tried it at 7:30 first.

1 Like

It was down this week. Even if they moved it to 7:30 it wouldn’t rate more than 350-400k.

Mod. edit: Please don’t post ratings info.

i understand that but surely it wouldnt do much worse than Jamie?

But should Ten really be settling for the crap ratings shows like Jamie and Family Feud get? Plus Sisters would be way more expensive than Jamie.

Well shouldnt they be taking Australian shows over repeats of American ones? Im not asking for it to be renewed but if they are happy to put on repeats all night might as well start the night off with new content.

I’m a big fan of Antonia Prebble but give me her in Westside over Sisters any day! I think also these shows are being written by the same people so its just the same crap in a different scenario. Also the casting usually comes down to connections too. Just give me something fresh and new on and off screen please.

2 Likes

I think this is true about Sisters. It feels like it’s half way between Offspring and The Wrong Girl rather than a completely fresh concept.

The basic story I think is a brilliantly fresh idea but the way it’s written is so same same. Imagine if this was set in a different city by completely different writers. The idea of a doctor impregnating 100 women with his own sperm had potential but sadly it has not delivered (pardon the pun).

I totally get that vibe! Offspring with the babies and families stuff and Wrong Girl with the TV stuff with Lucy Durack as a children’s TV presenter and then the ACA bit with Jane Hall this week.

Or if it was set in New Zealand lol their shows are very underrated, I don’t know why they aren’t more popular here? Maybe cause we count them as Aussie content and put them on the graveyard shift during non ratings period.

NZ shows are no longer counted as Aussie content. Network executives have never given NZ shows a chance.

Sisters just needed to be different. Not more of the same.

Maria Angelico from Sisters appears in the latest Peking Duk/Icona Pop music video with Nazeem Hussain

Sisters has been added to Netflix in regions outside of Australia as a Netflix Original.

How odd!

Netflix want content and this is easier than producing something new. I can see it happening more in future.

Oh I agree just interesting that it’s on there as it wasn’t crash hot…

There are lots of reasons why a show may fail though. It may have been the wuality of the show but it also could be due to timeslot, competition, and scheduling.

I always thought Sisters was a very good concept but could have been executed better. Who knows, maybe if it becomes a hit overseas, it might get another season like Glitch and Zumbo’s Just Desserts.

1 Like
1 Like

I always thought it was a great premise for a series but maybe not so well executed on screen here. It’ll be interesting to see if it ends up being a hit over there.

2 Likes

It could be like Secrets and Lies, which started as a six-part drama on Ten in 2014 before it was adapted by ABC America into an anthology series which ran for two seasons.