Sisters

That’s quite late, how many eps did they film? does anyone know? I reckon they will play half have the Xmas/New Year break and play the rest to keep interest but it could backfire.

It may be a six episode season so it should finish on November 29.

Seven episodes according to Screen Australia.

https://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/the-screen-guide/t/sisters-2017/35593/

72 mins per episode. That’s interesting.

So 8 episodes but they’ve squashed it down to 7 to fit into ratings period?

No. It doesn’t work that way. It was commissioned as 7×72min episodes.

I guess they’re trying something different with 90min running time episodes.

Lucky thing Doctor Doctor is having its season finale this week before Sisters starts next week.

Sisters isn’t helping themselves though. Launching with a two hour episode. Not the way to launch a new show.

Maybe the storyline needs it to get people in? I mean people watch an hour and half of the Bachelor or MAsterchef.

Its easier to watch 90 minutes of a reality show than a drama.

1 Like

The first episode is available from 3pm tomorrow on tenplay:

https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/sisters/articles/watch-the-sisters-premiere-early

Considering that Ten are going to the effort to rush Sisters to air before the end of the year, do we think they could potentially air it in the earlier timeslot of 7:30pm after the premiere episode this week at 8:40 due to lack of available content for the earlier timeslot when Bachelorette wraps next week?

Nope. Jamie’s Quick and Easy Food is on the schedule for 7:30pm that night.

A bit difficult when the whole city has been plastered with adverts to then change the timeslot.

Jamie twice a week, riveting viewing and a great lead-in for Sisters.

Wouldn’t be the first time Ten has changed a day or timeslot for a show when they’ve had permanent billboards / advertising which isn’t easily updated.

They would do it after a few weeks though and they would update the adverts but it’s a costly exercise.

Watching the debut now (can’t believe it’s 2 hours).

Enjoying it so far, but a lot of the content seems clichéd and you can tell the producers are from Offspring.

One thing that’s a real put off, being honest (it’s just not tasteful in my morals) was a very early scene with quite graphic sexual dialogue, it’s just gratuitous.

I always give new Aussie shows a go :slight_smile:

I think it’s a really good storyline idea but it leaves you wondering why would the sisters only be interested in getting to know each other and not all the brothers. Sure, two of them already had a connection so that would make sense but maybe they should have done something similar with the third one too.

And while the concept creates some good drama, I think they probably missed opportunities to have more humour in it or make it a lot more quirkier. I think viewers might feel like they’ve seen this sort of drama before although the preview for next week showed more promise.

1 Like

Show looks to have been pushed back to 9:30pm next week

Yep. According to the Foxtel EPG it has been bumped to 9:30 and the Law and Order SVU repeat that was meant to air on Thursday will now be shown in the 8:30 Wednesday timeslot. If that doesn’t scream cancelled I don’t know what does, after all it was almost outtrated by SBS this week.