Shaun Micallef’s Mad as Hell

It was a great finale.

Even though I added two minutes to my PVR recording, the slightly late start meant I missed the last song and dance and the final bow. Now I have to wait for the replay on ABC TV Plus tomorrow.

And I just found out that Matthew Sigley (son of the late Ernie Sigley) was an audio director on the show.

2 Likes

Micallef and Gary McCaffrie write most of it so it would be a different show

2 Likes

I’d love to see Mark do his own satire show. Or as I’ve said a thousand times, bring back The Roast

It’s on iView.

3 Likes

After filming concluded Micallef thanked ABC, ITV Studios, cast and crew, including writers Gary McCaffrie, Michael Ward and long-time floor manager Darrin Oakley.

Post-show celebrations included rare video messages from PM Anthony Albanese, Michael McCormack, Bill Shorten, Jacqui Lambie -some trying on zingers of their own- plus Ita Buttrose, Andrew Denton, Wil Anderson, Michael Rowland, Lisa Millar, Leigh Sales and Sarah Ferguson.

A “lost” sketch from 2012.

YouTube: madashellabctv

Response from Shaun

2 Likes

Four of Mad as Hell’s cast members will face off in a Hard Quiz Christmas special.

3 Likes

Mad As Hell Does Hard Quiz

Wednesday December 21 8:00pm

Mad as Hell does Hard Quiz! Tom Gleeson has performed a Christmas miracle and reunited Shaun Micallef’s erstwhile comrades, pitting them against each other for the glory of the Big Brass Mug.

Does Christie Whelan Browne know more about US sitcom The Office than Tosh Greenslade does about the movie Joe Dirt? How does Francis Greenslade’s knowledge of A Midsummer Night’s Dream compare to Emily Taheny’s, about singer-songwriter Paul Kelly?

It’s a very special show, and just in time for Gravy Day!

Production credit: A Thinkative TV production. Producers: Kevin Whyte, Charlie Pickering, Tom Gleeson. Co-Executive Producer John Tabbagh. Executive Producer Chris Walker. ABC Executive Producer Tarni James

Updated.

4 Likes

PS - a must see for MAH fans!

1 Like

Photoshopped for Twitter. This is how the photo looked on Instagram. Photo bombed by a water bottle. Oops.

1 Like
4 Likes
2 Likes

Is he still sooking on Twitter that he can’t get any other acting gigs?

2 Likes

He is a copywriter now.

2 Likes

‘It was just a bit of fun.’

Yes, but his tweeting was very poor me etc

2 Likes

I guess he was just expressing his frustrations at not being able to land any other acting or comedy roles. Understandable when you hear that he has a young family now so needs to be in some sort of decent work.

5 Likes

You must be new to Twitter.

Good to see on Bay of Fires

1 Like