Shaun Micallef’s Eve of Destruction

Shaun Micallef’s Unnamed Project

Shaun Micallef’s Unnamed Project will deliver everything its title promises - and more.

The ABC legend returns in 2024 in a brand new show that’s sure to delight taxpayers.

“I can’t tell you too much about what we’ll be doing” teased Micallef at a recent Senate Hearing. ’Suffice to say, it will not feature cooking, home renovations, marriage, singing, sport, RBT units, dogs, wilderness survival, quiz questions, news clips, stock footage, wearing masks, border security, amazing races, Lego, sitting on a panel or being marooned on an island in your underwear.”

PRODUCTION CREDITS

An ITV Studios Australia & Giant Baby production for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. ABC Head of Entertainment Rachel Millar.

3 Likes

The project now has a name, essentially a chat show featuring celebrities answering questions.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2024/05/shaun-micallef-is-on-the-eve-of-destruction.html

3 Likes

Shaun Micallef is back on the ABC with a chat show that’ll have everyone talking (or at least the guests)

The ABC is thrilled to announce the return of Shaun Micallef with a brand new eight-part talk show, Shaun Micallef’s Eve of Destruction, premiering Wednesday 14 August at 8pm on ABC TV and ABC iview.

It’s a talk show like no other: one question, two guests and the man everyone agrees is this country’s least experienced interviewer.

The question? If your house was about to be destroyed, what two things would you save?

The guests? Ah, but that would be telling.

Join Shaun each week as he chats with his famous celebrity acquaintances about what’s REALLY important to them.

“It’s a chance for the guest to set the agenda” says Shaun in an attempt to justify his own lack of preparation. “They bring into the studio the most significant items in their life; the things that they cannot imagine ever being without and I psychoanalyse them. I am not a certified therapist, but I think I can help these people.”

Merv from the ABC security desk raves: “A live studio audience, a set, and the former host of Mad as Hell – this show has got it all. I’m looking forward to it. Micallef’s shows always run late and I get paid overtime!”

3 Likes
1 Like

I know for a fact he personally championed a few people and ABC showed no interest.

4 Likes

Set turned out well. New suit fits. All we need are some guests.#EveOfDestruction#AugustFourteenth pic.twitter.com/vNmaT0Y7vZ

— Shaun Micallef (@shaunmicallef) July 23, 2024

3 Likes

Looks like the backdrop is virtual which is a shame.

For a split second, i thought that was the At The Movies set. lol.

I am looking forward to this show. I hope this chat show is in Micallef’s usual comical style.

1 Like

Episode 1 - Wednesday 14 August 8.00pm

One question, two guests and the man everyone agrees is this country’s least experienced interviewer. Join Shaun Micallef each week as he chats with his famous acquaintances about what’s REALLY important to them.

It’s a talk show like no other: one question, two guests and the man everyone agrees is this country’s least experienced interviewer.

Shaun probes celebrity guests on the two possessions they would save in the event of a hypothetical disaster. We find out what’s important to cricket superstar Usman Khawaja, what can’t Stephen Curry live without, what will Mary Coustas rescue first and what possession does Rebecca Gibney covet most?

Shaun delves deep into the whys and wherefores to find out what is truly important. But a twist in the finale may bring into doubt everything that has come before. The end is nigh, so make sure you’re watching Shaun Micallef’s Eve of Destruction to find out how it all ends.

2 Likes

Shaun in Time Bandits.

First record for #EveOfDestruction last night. Can't tell you who the guests were (though I can say that neither of them were @russellcrowe).#AusgustFourteenth pic.twitter.com/FJYOUAL4p0

— Shaun Micallef (@shaunmicallef) July 26, 2024
1 Like

This program is taped at ABC Southbank studios in Melbourne like Shaun’s previous show Mad as Hell.

Tickets are now available at Eventbrite website.

2 Likes

I haven’t watched a show with him in it that has been bad yet so am looking forward to this one.

I can’t believe Mad As Hell finished up 2 years ago feels like half that.

Thank god you never watched Shaun Micallef’s Brain Eisteddfod then :joy:

1 Like

Will Francis Greenslade be joining Shaun for this project?

Given that it is a chat show, I don’t think he will be involved sadly.

1 Like

Oh yeah I totally forgot about that … I did one episode it was super boring… that show was not created by him though was it ?

I’m not sure, the show was produced by Lune Media and Micallef’s production company Giant Baby and he is also credited as an EP of the show.

Something tells me that is a project he would rather forget.

1 Like

From what I remember it looked more like an afternoon kids tv show .

1 Like